Not open for further replies.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
What to do?

A little bit brighter?

A little bit more efficient,

The Nichia's are a little bit improved.

Is there that much of a difference?

I still have three lights "in shipping" that should be here any day!

Anyone have both? Is there that much of a WOW factor with the new AAA 3.1 LE vs the CPF LE AAA?

Thanks!

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2 LE's happen to be brighter & slightly more blue than my CPF SE, but I thik that's just the luck of the draw. You can't get the CPF SE now anyway. TX

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks TXWest,

I already have a CPF ARC AAA, that is why I was asking.

With so many new light on the horizon, I have to watch what I will buy!

I guess I was looking for the WOW factor, would the new LE's just blow away the CPF edition, or is it more subtle than that?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trying to convince myself last night that I do NOT yet need another light . . .

After turning off all the lights in the house, I took my used, but still bright Princeton Tec Attitude, and my CPF ARC AAA LE, and compared the lights.

The Attitude was a hair brighter, but I was really glad and suprised on how bright, even wide, and clean the AAA was.

It was very interesting to see how a well made, 1 LED light stood up to a 3 led light!

With all these Luxeon Stars and 2 mil CP hand lights, and M6's, it's nice to know, that, in total darkness (when you probably need a flashlight the most!), the ARC still gives you enought useable, dependable, always with you, light for finding your way out of the darkness.

If there is enough ambient light where the ARC does not seem to be effective, well, then you have enough light to walk around in!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the Arc-SE and the 3.1 LE. The 3.1 is brighter to the eye but not WOW. Now to make the head easy to turn (you guys know the drill). I'm very happy with the 3.1!!

Spudman

Enlightened
I got an LE yesterday and compared it to the 3.1 I got a couple of weeks ago. In my two lights I would call the beam "different" in the LE. It has a brighter center and I have no problem telling the two beams apart in the dark. I've been able to tell them apart 100% of the time. The regular 3.1 has a very nice light and I like it about as well, but I am going to use the LE as my daily carry from now on. I would agree that the difference is subtle but it is there.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Screw it!

I just bought the 3.1 LE ARC AAA from www.brightguy.com.

Like I need two!

I am not going to ponder a 40.00 purchase for 5 days, then hate myself because they are all sold out!

Now I am waiting for 4 lights to show up in the mail!

WaltH

Enlightened
Damn-it you guys! Now I've ordered my 3rd LE. But it's the first 3.1 version I'll have. So that's my rationalization.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by this_is_nascar:

Not only do I make sure I keep one in the car and garage and EDC one, but there's probably one in every room of the house, just in case.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I had to read this post twice to make sure I hadn't written it.
smile.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
You think you have it bad, I ordered 6 of these LE's the other day, after already have 3 of the older style LE's and close to a dozen AAA regular editions.

Not only do I make sure I keep one in the car and garage and EDC one, but there's probably one in every room of the house, just in case.

Now, if I could someone to sell be their v1.2 LS 1st, I'd be in business.

WaltH

Enlightened
OK TIN,
You've got me beat. I seem to be right behind you on several things. I'm in line (after you) to try and talk someone out of their v1.2 LS first.
One other thing, I'm really enjoying the M2. I put the clickie switch on my M3, and the regular tailcap switch you sent me is much softer than my other surefires.

Thanks again.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
No problem WaltH. Glad you're enjoying it. I have my clicky tail-cap on my M3. The only thing I don't like is now it won't fit into my BlackHawk case, since this switch is a bit longer than stock.

Oh well, such is life. I need to sell my M6, so I can purchase a couple of these v1.2 LS 1st's.

Zephyr

Enlightened
Arrrgghhh! I tried to convince myself not to buy another ARC AAA (I have 4), but I find myself getting another one from TTS. But this time, I got myself an ARC LE version 3.1. But, are they really that limited? Do they have their own serial number? Anway, I can't wait to get mines.

ZEPH
smile.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
3.1s have the roll crimp. I can't really describe it though because all I have is a 3.1...Darell? Oh wait he's gone...Peter?? Anyone???

Zephyr

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Catdaddy:
How do you know if it is the 3.1 version as opposed to another one. I know the LE is different.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One major thing that I noticed about the version 3.1 is that, it has a ChemKote interior. And that is, it has like a gold coating inside the ARC AAA. I'm not sure what the roll crimp looks like either, but I think you have to take out that foam retainer to see the roll crimp. I believe that the newer version is a tad bit brighter than the previous versions.

ZEPH
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.