Lumapower M1 -Almost Perfect But.....

Lightmax

Newly Enlightened
I recieved a new model M1 in the mail last week, with both reflectors and both switches.

It came in a nice box, packed pretty well. The fun starts when you want to swap the reflector, and switch.

There wasn't any instructions or promotional literature in the box. Being a fairly handy guy, I was able to get the OP reflector out, and put the smooth reflector in.

HOWEVER, I didn't realize that the retaining ring needed to be flipped over.

By the time I had tried to put the head back on the body, and discovered the gap caused by the now upside down ring, the retaining ring became almost glued into the head.

It took me a couple of minutes to fabricate a new tool, with two correctly spaces prongs, to get this retaning ring to back out. The screw driver that I was using to turn one side of the retaining ring, kept slipping, and had insufficient purchase to move the ring. I got the ring out, flipped it over, screwed it back in, and every thing went fine with the head screwing onto the body without any gap.

The tail switch was a little simpler, but still took a few minutes to review prior to putting in the reverse clicky.

I love this light, and it is amazing how bright it is.

I was just disappointed that no instructions were included to give a heads up on how to operate this light. Some more promo literature would have been nice as well.

I may offer the suggestion that the vendors that sell this product might want to take a few minutes, and crank out a quick word doc, with pictures, to use as a suppliment for newbies that are purchasing this product.

I'm sure that several people have had trouble with the retaining ring, and without the ability to fabricate a double prong tool, would not be able to get the ring back out, once it was assembled incorrectly.

Like I said, I love this light. To make it a perfect light, -2- sheets of paper with directions would finish the job.

Lightmax! :sold:

CandlePowerForumsUser

Enlightened
You have to flip the retaining ring over when you switch to the smooth reflector??? No wonder I had a nasty donut of a hotspot. Yeah, I agree with the instructions being included since they were nice enough to include all those extra parts.

I like my M1 as well.