Dorcy 2C 8 to 1 maxi-mod?

knot

Banned
I like the size of 2C in my hand but I have a Dorcy 2 C which is much behind in light volume. Is there a mod that would turn this into a super light? My AA Cree p4 mag, Coast Lenser just isn't enough. I'm holding off on a LED drop in for my 4D mag - for now.

I ran a search and only found a minimal mod for it.

02Scuba

Banned
Knot - I messed around with those little lights for a whils but never say any real use for them other than to put on your key chain in the event of an extreme emergency. My first hot wire changed everyting and now every time I fire up my mag with a 100 watt Osram 625 in it I just laugh. It is just increddible and you should give it a try.

I have a 2 D mag that's bored out to accept FM's 8 AA / 2D battery holder. AWR (one of the truly talented Hot wire experts) provided me with one of his Hotdriver/KIU set-ups for the WA 1274. With a light orange peel reflector that little mag puts out close to 700 lumens and when people see it they can't believe it.

Over an hour of run time and because of the Hotdriver the light never dims. It's just great. The 4D is a great host to build a ROP on. Maybe you start there as that is a pretty simple mod. BUT LOOK OUT ! When the bright lite power bug hits you you will wonder why you ever bothered with those little LEDs

knot

Banned
I think 2 C cells are a little large to be putting on a keychain. If anything it would be putting a key chain on a flashlight.

Everyone raves about the D mini. Is it not much different than what I already have?

ROP?

I'm not sure what a 1274 is. I tried to google search an image. I believe it's an incan bulb, right? I'm concerned about incan and burn outs. Throughout my life, I've been through so many bulbs.

I do have these bulbs. The 50 watt fits perfectly inside a mag D cell. But at 12 volts, I had one of those one million candlepower batteries strapped to my bottle carrier on my mountain bike and the light did not last long at all.

The small one is 20 watts. They are just cheap halogen bulbs.

Last edited:

knot

Banned
Ok, now you've got my curiosity going: I need 2 4AA D packs and 2 D dummy cells for:

WA01274: 7.2v 2.77a @ spec (553 b-lumens) / 8.4v (948 b-lumens)

I've got this WA light but it's only 6.2v 710ma power supply and not very bright. I suppose for it's size (pencil that plugs into wall) it's bright. Maybe I should make something tiny out of this

Last edited: