Orb Raw Ti Runtime on Primary 14250

Phredd

Enlightened
I just got my first Orb Raw. The photos don't really don't do it justice. The flashlight is tiny and beautiful. The finish on the titanium is a bit like jewelry, but with a harder, tougher look. I'm thinking about geting a second Orb with the nickel-silver finish. Mine is set for 15 lumens low and 80 lumens high. I bought a couple different primaries to see if they'd be a good alternative to the rechargeables.

The SAFT was just a little too big. It fit if I forced it, but I was afraid it would get stuck. The Xeno fit just fine. (http://www.xenousa.com/products.htm) It's capacity is 1.2 Ah, which is 4x the rechargeable's 300 mAh.

With the combination of 80 lumens and 1.2 Ah, the runtime was about 2:45 to 50%. Keep in mind, my setup is an LED (Nichia from my A2) twist-tied to the leads of $40 multimeter. The readout was consistently jumpy and the level was very sensitive to any neaby movement. So, don't trust this for accuracy. I have some test leads on order and I'll try a more stable setup after I place a larger order (~$3.50 in decent quantities) for more batteries.

I don't know if this battery will do as well if your Orb's high level is 120 lumens. For me, the 80 lumen output is more useful and everyone I showed this to was still really WOWed.

Phredd

Last edited: