dorcy k2

vic2367

Enlightened
anyone have any opionions /thoughts on this light ? am thinking of buying one at my local target,,,,looks pretty nice,,,any reviews ?

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Pricing Information​
BrightGuy Price:​
$39.00Dorcy K2 Luxeon¨ powered by CR123A batteries

Part Number: DOR414295</STRONG>
Accessories​
lassf12bbs.jpg
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sure Fire 3Volt Lithium Battery (12 Pack)[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$21.00[/font]
str85175s.jpg
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TWO PACK - Streamlight 3 Volt Lithium Battery, Two Pack[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3.95[/font]
str85177s.jpg
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Streamlight 3 Volt Lithium Battery (12 Pack)[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$19.75[/font]
</FONT>
Detailed Description for Dorcy K2​
The Dorcy K2 is Dorcy's brightest LED flashlight - 120 lumens of power. Dorcy K2 has a bright piercing beam with a hot center spot and ample peripheral lighting.

Features of Dorcy K2 Luxeon¨:
- 6 watt lifetime Luxeon¨ LED (120 lumens), no need for replacement bulbs
- Dorcy's brightest LED flashlight
- rubber covered bezel
- machined "heat sink" to dissipate heat from the LED
- metal clip (not detachable)
- rubber sleeve for a "sure grip"
- aluminum construction
- push button tail switch for constant on/off (no momentary on)
- powered by 2 ea CR123A lithium batteries, included
- made in China
- one year warranty from Dorcy
Specifications
Battery Type123 LithiumBattery Numbertwo CR123A lithium, includedDimensions6" long x 2.25" head diaLamp Type6 watt Luxeon¨ LEDLight Output120 lumensWeight w/ Batteries7.4 ozRun Timenot ratedFocus TypeFixedOn/OffPushbutton TailcapMaterialAluminumMade in China

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked one up a while back. Decent light. The rubber part of the tail cap might unscrew instead of the whole tail section. The Dorcy logo might fall off, I had to JB weld mine back on. I also removed the clip as I just don't like them-but that is me.

If you like the look it is a good light. If you don't like the look it is a so-so or less light. That seems to be the cosensus on the forum. I did insert one lithium rechargeable and it worked but not very bright. Two RCR 123's seemed ok but I did not run it long term.

z96Cobra

Enlightened
There have been a few different posts on that light and there are a lot of people that don't like it. I, however, do like mine. The LED was a little off center, so I opened it up and re-centered it and it looks really good now. Minw has a very slight greenish tint, but I still like it.

Roger

kavvika

Enlightened
I don't have one, but from what I've read, you can find better for about the same price. Apparently it's much dimmer than advertised. Also it's a reverse clicky, which I don't really like. If you want to stay with a K2 powered torch, check out the Palm Blaze. It takes 2xCR123A's, about the size of an INOVA X5 and makes a great hand warmer. Battery life=not so good though. Otherwise, It check out a Fenix Cree torch if you're willing to spend a little more.

vic2367

Enlightened
already have the fenix l2d-ce ,,,love it,,,my edc,,,my target has these dorcy k2 at 39.99...:thumbsdow....am gonna get it anyway,,,,i kinda like the looks of it,,,any good upgrades / mods available ?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
these look as if someone put the rubber pieces on lights that are much cheaper on dealextreme
screw it and get them, with SSC or Cree instead --> same brightness (in this tech level) longer runtime

vic2367

Enlightened
dorcys coming out with the 3x123s ,,,dont know when ..same k2 i believe,,first thing i would do is to take out that led,

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone have any opionions /thoughts on this light ? am thinking of buying one at my local target,,,,looks pretty nice,,,any reviews ?

There was a review over in that forum.

As I recall, the light had a decent beam with good throw, but emitter was off-center.

If you can sort through them at Target to pick one with a centered emitter and good tint, it looks like a decent light for its price.