C2 DoA?

spideyfan

Newly Enlightened
i got my C2 today and was really excitied to try it. I put the 18650 I ordered in and turned it on. I t was in a bright room but I did see the wide beam and the spot. I walked to a dark room to try it and it worked for a few seconds and then it shut off by itself...

I thought that since i didnt charge the 18650, it may have been that. I charged the 18650 and also charged the 2xCR123A cells i got also...

i added a small bead of solder on the back head of the c2 so it would contact the 18650. once i went to try the 18650 in the light, the light smoked from where the 2 solder points that the light came with (inside rim of back of light)..i tried the 2xCR123a and got the same results (more smoke actually)...the light smells of burned electronics and i am scared to try it again...

needless to say, I am upset..i waited for a month for this light and it is ruined...was it something i did?

Last edited:

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been reports of problems in some cases. My C2 had a bad emitter, others have reported the same problem. Other people have gotten C2's with fairly dim output. I guess the majority of lights are good and you were unlucky enough to receive a bad one. Sounds like yours had a serious short of some kind. Smoke is never a good sign. Contact the seller about it or fix yourself.
Stefan

HiltiHome

Enlightened
Both my C2 work fine.

I soldered a copper disc to the pcb to make contact with flat-top cells.

p1000736cj4.jpg