To get more turns on arc ls hybrid head

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledfanfromjuno

Enlightened
To increase the amount you can turn the threaded head on arc ls hybrid use the following batteries:

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/kodak-aa-1850-nimh.htm

KODAK MAX 1850 mAH "AA" NiMH batteries

I use these batteries and I get 2 to 2 1/2 full revolutions on the arc ls head before it disengages from the 2AA battery holder. I use NO spring since I tried a very tiny cut spring and it used up 1 hole revolution of the arc head. I prefer no spring because of this. Also, I have never had a problem with the arc's cobalt gold nipple denting the nimh battery's nipple terminal. But these batteries are stamped made in Japan on them. This must be why they weren't dented like the rayovac or some other brand rechargeables some other guy said his arc hybrid dented without the spring. Made in Japan is a sign of higher quality than made in china or made in malaysia or indonesia or the phillipines.

When I use duracell coppertops, my arc ls hybrids give me only 1 complete revolution before separating from the battery holder. When I lay the duracells by the kodaks, there is 1 complete nipple difference in body length.

All rechargeables are made differently. The only way to mimic my results is to buy exactly the same battery. Don't even buy a different mah kodak. It may be the same size but it may not. All I have ever used is this kodak 1850 mah.

I have bought 3 arc ls hybrid seconds for $49 each over the last 4 weeks. I also bought 3 separate 2AA battery holders from arc. I get the same results with all the units.

I have read some peoples' threads on candleforums saying that they only got 1 turn with their rechargeables. I wrote this for them. You're using the wrong rechargeables for the arc Ls. The arc ls already is short on threads. You need a slightly undersized nimh AA battery. The kodak AA is it. And it is well made to. You'll get long run time and a strong body that shouldn't get dented by the arc's twisting on and off. Just don't crank it with all your might.
winkie.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.