LumaPower LM31 ;)

x2x3x2

Banned
Something to wet your appetites, look out for the review real soon :)
Main differences between LM301 are it has 4 flat faces on the batt tube, natural colored finish, and of course the SSC P4 emitter.

Edit: Wops my bad, it's actually more of a dark gray. Not the usual Natural kinda tone.

00.jpg

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
... and of course the SSC P4 emitter.

Ah yes how quickly that made me sit up and become interested. I'm amassing quite the collection of XRE lights, yet have very few SCC's. Now I'm just waiting for the magic words of "foreward clickie"

x2x3x2

Banned
Keep your fingers crossed there, the one i got is just an engineering sample.
Ricky said that the final version will have improves tailcap button :)

x2x3x2

Banned
I dont know about specific regional markets, but the Fenix L1 was the first AA light with that look to hit the int'l market.

Just from memory tho, I could be wrong :p

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
some design cues are functional which would imply the look alike given the same basic functions (just a ROT... not the devine rule lol)

I can hear the torch saying right now "all us good looking otrches look alike" :)

Do all 1-2 AA lights look like Fenixes or do Fenixes look like all 1-2 AA lights?

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember reading a post by Ricky. It's supposed to be type III hard anodize.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The production versions will tailstand - that's already been resolved. :)

IIRC it's not type III it's type II but it's gotta be some of the nicest type II I've ever seen - it feels great. Think INOVA type finish and you won't be far off.

The LM31 is smaller than the M3 and is made to have a more accessible price point - 2 output modes instead of 3 and it uses an SSC P4 rather than a Cree.

Beam quality is excellent because of the SSC P4 and OP reflector.

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Does anyone have an inside scoop on the Voltage Range? IMHO a 1 x AA light fully regulated on all levels running off a 14500 Lion is the best wa to go! Nice to have one where even high setting is regulated to protect the LED.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
The production versions will tailstand - that's already been resolved. :)

IIRC it's not type III it's type II but it's gotta be some of the nicest type II I've ever seen - it feels great. Think INOVA type finish and you won't be far off.

The LM31 is smaller than the M3 and is made to have a more accessible price point - 2 output modes instead of 3 and it uses an SSC P4 rather than a Cree.

Beam quality is excellent because of the SSC P4 and OP reflector.

I copied this from a post in the Maufactures section. Please read reply to EngrPaul.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#204 03-06-2007, 12:46 PM
lumapower

Re: >>> Lumapower : ALL NEW LM301, 302 and 303 : BEST BUY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi x2x3x2,

All LM30X should have o-ring installed between the glass and top bezel.
Anyway, we still have stocks.

Hi EngrPaul,

New production for LM30X will be avaliable to ship within 35 days, but all upgrade to TypeIII HA. Will announce new price later.

Best rgds.

Ricky - Lumapower Team

Marlite

Enlightened
Something to wet your appetites, look out for the review real soon :)
Main differences between LM301 are it has 4 flat faces on the batt tube, natural colored finish, and of course the SSC P4 emitter.

Edit: Wops my bad, it's actually more of a dark gray. Not the usual Natural kinda tone.

00.jpg

Since we are all waiting for the LM31, your engineers sample obviously for review, we await the comparison to your previous LM 301 review and current crop of strong contenders. Thanks in advance.

marlite

JML

Enlightened
And LumaPower has an F-Mini AAA-powered light coming out, too. Quite a company! If they sold stock, I'd buy some (after buying the lights!).

jki

Newly Enlightened
Although it looks like so many other manufacturers AA product, I am expecting more from this effort. Combine: Lumapower quality, value, and customer responsiveness, great dealer network, perfect beam quality (hear that, Fenix?), and hopefully 14500 compatibility and a forward clickie (or the hope for one in the future) and you have an unbeatable combination. You won't find a combination of these virtues in any other's competing product that I am aware of. Looking forward to this one!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Although it looks like so many other manufacturers AA product, I am expecting more from this effort.
While I can see why you'd want all those things, my preference for this is light rather the opposite - as simple (and cheap) as possible.

The original LM 301 was an outstanding light for its price point ($20). Frankly, you couldn't beat it - a good 2-stage lux III light, HA-II, reasonable runtime, with a clicky, and option for 2AA tube - nothing fancy. You could always have gone for a number of other choices if you wanted more - and at correspondingly greater cost (although the elusive forward clicky remains hard to find).

With the proliferation of complicated "transformers" series, cree/SSC options, complicated UIs, inconsistent performance between 14500 and regular batteries, etc., I am hoping this light lives up to its original premise: a straightforward, two-stage, HA-II, SSC, good runtime, on regular batteries.

Priced at ~$25, it would set the new value standard.

Last edited: