Survey: Help with Statistics Class

On an average, how often do you eat out in a week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rmacias

Enlightened
Hello fellow CPF'ers,

I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm taking a statistics course and part of my homework is to conduct a survey.

Also if you can post your age after you vote I would appreciate it..

Thanks,

RJM

Last edited:

rmacias

Enlightened
Thanks for the response guys.

For others that wish to participate even if your number is 0 please vote. Also your age is optional but would help to verify if there were any trends.

RJM

Last edited:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried using the actual poll feature at CPF? It provides an automated data collecting service and is helpful. Go to practice posting and just try to make a post using the polling feature at the bottom. I've done several and they are very entertaining.

d_clark

Newly Enlightened
1-2 times a week - lunch only age 30

if Dr Pepper and a Snickers counts then 4-5 times a week

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Age 44. I voted none, but had there been a choice of once a month it would probably have been more appropriate.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like JTR, I voted none, but once or twice a month would be closer to the truth. Age 27.

:buddies:

bitslammer

Enlightened
What passes for "eating out?" When I'm at work during the week I little choice. I don't often pack lunch so it's either the cafeteria or a restaurant. Does that count? I would certainly go home for lunch as I once did but I work too far away for that.

I think that's an issue that skews such polls. I only choose to eat out maybe 1-2 times a week for dinner.

RebelRAM

Enlightened
I try to make a sandwich and bring my lunch with me to work, but I find that most days I'm in too much of a hurry in the mornings to do that. So I usually end up going to some fast food place for lunch. I'm 30 and I know I should be eating better, but I guess most of us are in the same boat, convenience over health.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad but true!

I use to bring a protien bar where ever I went. This would always keep me out of the fast food bind when not near home. If on the road, I would go to a Stop and Shop and get 1/2 lb of turkey and one roll.

God I wish I was still this tough!!!

I try to make a sandwich and bring my lunch with me to work, but I find that most days I'm in too much of a hurry in the mornings to do that. So I usually end up going to some fast food place for lunch. I'm 30 and I know I should be eating better, but I guess most of us are in the same boat, convenience over health.

greenLED

Flashaholic
+1 - I get lunch every day at work, however I'm wondering if this just means dinner?
That's why I asked. First thing in a survey (or other studies, for that matter) is to define exactly what the response variable is, then comes the question of how to accurately measure such a beast.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that the common answer for eating out is dinner meal.

but - a clear definition of what the meaning of eating out is required.