Non-technical Mod I did to my L2D

Delta

Enlightened
I like this 10X better now...

L2D.jpg

I took some rubber O-ring cord and wrapped the body where it is most stepped-down. (First I wrapped that part with clear electrical tape to protect the finish). This GREATLY enhances the feel/grip in the hand. Still works in the holster easy enough, and actually helps to retain it.

L2DB.jpg

Try it...you'll like it!

I didn't get it here, but here is a cheap source for the cord. I wrapped 1/3 of my Inova X5 as well...liked it too.

http://www.mackspw.com/item.asp?im=AVE80+1&d=GHG_Quick_Fix_Decoy_Cord

Gunner12

Flashaholic
GID = Glow in Dark

Fenix wrapped in GID cord would be a thing to see. That seems to have solved the grip problem.

vic2367

Enlightened
if this is a cord material,,how did you tie the threads together ? would like to see some pics of it,,,:twothumbs

Burgess

Flashaholic
sounds interesting !

Thank you for sharing.

Grip-ability can be a shortcoming of this fine flashlight.

lexina

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip. I just added some o-rings to mine and it sure improves the grip - looks great too!

crislight01

Newly Enlightened
i agree too for the fenix grip "unability", maglites way better grip ability.

hip hip hoora for the maglites :twothumbs

Delta

Enlightened
if this is a cord material,,how did you tie the threads together ? would like to see some pics of it,,,:twothumbs

Being that it is O-ring cord, there's no tying. I just took a razor blade and cut the ends at a 30-degree angle. Then a drop of super glue (thats why I wrapped the Fenix underneath in clear electrical tape...to be safe) at the ends is all it takes.

lexina

Enlightened
hey lexina ,,,what size o rings ?

I don't really know their exact size because I have a bunch of o-rings of difference sizes and I just chose those that were a little smaller than the diameter of the L2D tube. I don't have any o-ring cord so I just used 3 individual o-rings. I believe they measure around 17mm diameter - hope that helps. It's safer to get something smaller since they can stretch.

Last edited:

Snow

Enlightened
The Liteflux LF1 comes with 2 large o rings to put around the body and they also greatly enhance the grip. Nice mod.