Proton?

Luminosus

Newly Enlightened
I haven't seen any recent posts about the Proton. Their site says that they have fixed just about all of the previous problems, so I'm anxous to hear how they are now. Hopefully I'll be able to answer once I get mine in the mail. I can't wait to get it.

83Venture

Enlightened
I'm waiting to see if they have fixed the problems and if they change the LED setup to something similar to what the original design was.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a thread somewhere recently about this. Someone posted that he received the new improved version. all they changed was that they added tail cap threads (which increased overall length a couple of mm) and improved the battery contacts for more reliability.
He mentioned that the finish might be nicer(?) too.

USSS

Newly Enlightened
Out of stock... grrrrrr been waiting for it for ages.

Please remember to update us when you get it.
BrightGuy apparently has the new Protons in stock. Lower price, too.

Luminosus

Newly Enlightened
I got mine in the mail today. It's still light out, but this thing is way brighter than I expected. It feel very stong for its small size and weight. Also, a feature that I didn't know about until I got it is that you can have the white and red LEDs on at the same time. You can't see the red in the beam, but it seems a little brighter.

I love how the box says "Kick *** bright". I had a good laugh over it.

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
I have one on order. I want to test it before carry it on the site. According to Photon this is new improved version. I hope so, this light has been on my want list for a long time. I will keep you posted.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had Protons on order for like 18 months and we just got our first shipment ever about a week ago. They're pretty cool but I admit I DID have to read the instructions.

Tronic

Newly Enlightened
I have my improved version for a bit over two month now and I am very happy with it.

But it have a little Firmware bug. If the red LED comes on to indicate a low battery level, I cannot turn off the light with a click.
If I push the button the light stay on. :(

I must hold the switch for 2 second. Now only the red LED light and begin to brighten. Now I can click the switch to turn it off.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Paul - you're on a roll lately. :)

I like the light a whole lot, but couldn't live with the breaking (+) terminal. I'm glad they sorted out the problem, and I'm glad you're selling them, since you're #1. :twothumbs

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received it today. It came in a very nice display box, much like the Photons are packaged.

That's a good sign! Everytime I ordered before, it came in a little baggy as if it was second-hand.

I'll probably do a separate picture review in the review forum for those of you who are interested.

Thanks again Matt!

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received it today. It came in a very nice display box, much like the Photons are packaged.

That's a good sign! Everytime I ordered before, it came in a little baggy as if it was second-hand.

I'll probably do a separate picture review in the review forum for those of you who are interested.

Thanks again Matt!

got sucked back in eh :D you still have your fenixes ...have you seen the new q4 q5 bins in for sale 20-30 more lumens upgrade