Light help avert trouble

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my lights helped avert trouble, and perhaps a junkies life. Last night I was picking my wife up from work, I sometimes take her to work on the weekend and pick her up, she gets out at 11:30 PM usually but is sometimes much later, like she was last night. I was sitting in the back parking lot by the door in the truck waiting on her when I noticed someone on a bicycle riding up the driveway.

He pedaled past me and went back by the dumpsters, where girls come and go all night long throwing out bags of diapers etc, it is a Nursing Home. I watched him as he kind of started to make himself comfortable so I got out and hit him from about 30 feet away with the light from my Ultrafire C3 I had dropped in my pocket earlier.

After a seconds bitching he left and I watched him go. A short time later I saw him sneeking back pushing his bike, and had some kind of bar or rod in his hand, this time he was coming towards me. I slipped out my C3 again and took my Makarov out of its holster on my belt, leaving the safety on.

He stopped about 15 feet from me on the other side of my truck and was staring at me. I opened the door, got out, slipping the Mak into my rear hip pocket where it is very accessable. We stared at each other for a minute while he decided what he was going to do. About the time he moved a step forward I hit him again inthe face with the C3, and said. "I am armed, and this is your last warning to leave now". It was so bright at that distance I could see the snot that was trickling halfway to his chin, and the twitching of his facial muscles and body. That definitly got his attention and he snarled and jumped on his bike and rode away.

I might not have gotten out and confronted him and just called the police if I was not concerned that my wife, or another girl would come out the door right by him any second and that would have been a bad thing.

I called the police and they sent out a car to check the area and I imformed the night time supervisors so they could send out the girls in pairs and not just by themselves. I was glad I had something more than just my L0P or Photon on me. Of course I could have used the X03 in the glovebox too, or the 5 C Cell mag by the seat :D.

Last edited:

phil_vr

Newly Enlightened
Wow.. Seems kinda like being in the right time on the right place huh?

That was lucky for you to be there. Who knows what you helped prevented by acting like you did.. Living proof that powerful lights do have their place on our lives and its not just a flashoholic twist.

I hope the nursing home will hire a walkby security guard from now on..
Good job Lee..:thumbsup: