Got in trouble at work today (Fenix)

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see a man with a Leatherman on his belt and a tactical light on the other side in a pouch. I know we are busy but I had to ask and it was a Fenix. We get chatting about lights and my bosses ask me to do something but I'm busy showing my Securiled and showing photos of my collection on my mobile. Was nothing but shirk!

I got a pic. It had to be a 1000 lumen plus light. It is nice seeing Fenix being mainstream nowadays.

Attachments

• 6A6EFCC4-9F37-483C-BFAC-05B3C0D71BEE.jpeg
    6A6EFCC4-9F37-483C-BFAC-05B3C0D71BEE.jpeg
    300 KB · Views: 100

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thankfully my bosses stop by about once every 3 years for inspection. Then I literally never see most of them. Last time was last week, so no worries. Typing this from work if I'm honest. Technically I'm in charge here during 3rd shift. If I say it's CPF browsing time, then that's what time it is.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My computer desk top photo is a pair of 1910's Franco's I restored. My bosses know I carry flashlights and at times borrow one from me. So it's no issue there except they think I'm kind of a weirdo for being into flashlights.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I keep my flashaholicism hidden from everyone.
They don't need to know. Let them happily revel in their ignorant bliss. 🕵️‍♂️

swampgator

Enlightened
Back in 2008 our OR room had terrible lighting.
More than once one of MDs had me fetch one of my lights.
The Surefire E2E fit nicely clipped into myself scrubs but if we need more light my ROP would get pulled out.
Sad we had to perform surgeries with someone standing over the MDs shoulder holding the light.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Back in 2008 our OR room had terrible lighting.
More than once one of MDs had me fetch one of my lights.
The Surefire E2E fit nicely clipped into myself scrubs but if we need more light my ROP would get pulled out.
Sad we had to perform surgeries with someone standing over the MDs shoulder holding the light.
Imagine if a patient had woken up early.... and saw that bright light?
Not sure if they'd be horrified or overjoyed.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I've taken a series of photos of my Emisars head-on (usually close-ups with the secondary LEDs active) which I use as avatars for work - Teams and on the various intranet sites. I get questions every now and then and those tend to be very short conversations but sometimes they're longer and the other person is genuinely interested; two of my co-workers have likely sourced a DW4 by now as a result of those conversations.

swampgator

Enlightened
Imagine if a patient had woken up early.... and saw that bright light?
Not sure if they'd be horrified or overjoyed.
Newer ORs have some seriously bright lights but we're able to cone then into a tight pattern

And if Anesthesia does their job right no one wakes up before they're supposed to.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Anesthesia isn't the problem.
My first eye surgery, the guy administering it was a Grade-A jerk.
But at least he listened when I told him I have a massively huge tolerance to it. He cranked that sucker up and gave me the absolute legal limit allowable.

2nd eye surgery about two years later on the other eye. Same hospital and surgeon. Sadly, the jerk was replaced by a lovely young woman who insisted she had this in the bag. I woke up minutes before I was supposed to. Still on the operating table. Surgeon was not happy. Neither was I. Would rather have a jerk than someone who thinks they're a precise math wizard. Only reason I didn't sue was my utter gratitude to the surgeon for now twice having saved my eyes.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Let's just say the surgeon took charge immediately, and made sure I remained calm. How exactly he did it? No clue! Dr. Juan Romero is a miracle worker.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my co-workers is a dead set flash-a-holic we often discuss lights, upcoming releases and emerging technology, I'm not overly concerned how I'm perceived but it is accepted I have a large array of lights 🤣

swampgator

Enlightened
Anesthesia isn't the problem.
My first eye surgery, the guy administering it was a Grade-A jerk.
But at least he listened when I told him I have a massively huge tolerance to it. He cranked that sucker up and gave me the absolute legal limit allowable.

2nd eye surgery about two years later on the other eye. Same hospital and surgeon. Sadly, the jerk was replaced by a lovely young woman who insisted she had this in the bag. I woke up minutes before I was supposed to. Still on the operating table. Surgeon was not happy. Neither was I. Would rather have a jerk than someone who thinks they're a precise math wizard. Only reason I didn't sue was my utter gratitude to the surgeon for now twice having saved my eyes.
Anesthesia is a weird thing.
The four components of general anesthesia (amnesia, unconsciousness, analgesia, and immobility) don't necessarily equate on the same level.
An example, you can have a paralytic on board and still cough (even though coughing requires skeletal muscles).
If you woke up the unconsciousness and amnesia were at the correct levels.

But all that said, glad your surgeon was on the ball!!