Cheap L1 Replacement?

sawlight

Enlightened
I don't think the L1 is coming home :mecry: And if it does, I doubt it will go back to work with me again.
So, I like the size, I like the run time, but something in the middle would work (decent light, decent runtime, sil stage) But a LOT cheaper. Ideas?

SCblur

Enlightened
I'm not sure how long you're willing to wait, but the new Surefire E1L or E2L might be a good fit. I think they'll be available within a month or so.

sawlight

Enlightened
I'm not sure how long you're willing to wait, but the new Surefire E1L or E2L might be a good fit. I think they'll be available within a month or so.

NO, REALY CHEAP!!!!!! The L1 got left in the door of a Lexus.

carrot

Flashaholic
I think you would be quite happy with a Fenix L2S or L2T. It is cheap, good, and two stage. Runtime and output these things are excellent. I don't care that the LEDs in them are "old" or possibly "outdated" -- they are great lights, great performers, and they come at quite a reasonable price.

SCblur

Enlightened
NO, REALY CHEAP!!!!!! The L1 got left in the door of a Lexus.
Let me get this straight. There's somebody driving a lexus around with your L1 inside the door? Do they know about it? Does it rattle? Does it increase the resale value of the car?

cslinger

Enlightened
I would think a Fenix L1S would make fine inexpensive replacement.

For something even better but a bit more costly the new Fenix P2D is half the size the L1, still uses 1 CR123, gives more light and has more options.

Neither are built anywhere near that of a Surefire but neither are by any means crap either. They are good lights with lots of versatility for the dollar.

Heck for $25ish you can pick up a 2AA Mini MAG LED which is a pretty darn good light in its own right no matter what the naysayers say.

Chris

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the gerber firecracker a lot. It has an optic just like the l1 and throws a good tight beam, too. It can be found online for less than 20$.

Uses 1AA battery.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the Inova X1? I think they can be gotten for around $20...runs on a single AA...only single stage, but useful beam, especially for the purposes you need.

sawlight

Enlightened
Let me get this straight. There's somebody driving a lexus around with your L1 inside the door? Do they know about it? Does it rattle? Does it increase the resale value of the car?

1)Yes
2)Yes
3) I would think so
4) No clue........

No, I am not happy!!!