MTE C2 rebel LED flashlight. Could this be the first one?

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that does look very interesting. 5 modes also. There is no information about it posted there. I can't tell what kind of LED is in it from the pictures either. I think I will wait till we find out some more about this.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a Rebel. No other emitter looks like that. Plus the specs (70 lumens at 350 mA is not a PWT) and the fact that DX has verified that it is a Rebel.

krazy89

Enlightened
man... i was hoping the rebel is going to be kick ***... but now the the cree q4/q5 are out... is there any point in getting this???

should just wait a little bit and get one that has a q4/q5...

KraZy

musicalfruit

Newly Enlightened
Is there anything special about the Rebel? It seems a lot of folks are waiting for it. How does it compare to the SSC/Cree P4?

krazy89

Enlightened
the form factor seems to be smaller than the ssc/q4....

but rebels are rated at 80lm at 350ma.... while the q4 is 100lm at 350ma...

so it looks like the q4's are better...

those numbers are just what i've been reading... haven't checked out any spec sheets from cree or lumileds....

KraZy

krazy89

Enlightened
hey

LXML-PWC1-0040 Luxeon Rebel - Cool White, 80 Lumens @ 700mA

i'm guessing that '40' in red is the rated lumens at 350ma.... hence 80lm @ 700ma....

i don't think the higher output emitters are out yet....

KraZy

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the datasheet it says LXMLPWC10040 is the lowest bin of cool white, 40 lumens @ 350mA, 80 lumens @ 700mA. LXMLPWC10080 is the highest bin of cool white, 80 lumens @ 350mA, 145 lumens @ 700mA. Reasonable price difference between the two at that Canadian reseller. Now if only the brighter ones were available...

What does the DX torch have?

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would buy this if it featured the LXML-PWN1-0080 emitter, that is the 80lm @ 350mA neutral white rebel. Too bad those don't appear to be available. A ~4100K LED is long overdue in my opinion, especailly if it can be done at the same efficiency as the cool white 6500K LEDs (which Lumiled's listings seem to imply).

As of now, the only neutral while flashlights that I know of use 35W HID bulbs used in vehicle headlights...

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Good to see Luxeon on board.

The only issue I see in ordering a light with a 'Rebel' LED (say in the next year)
is that you really won't know what bin you will be getting. There are going to be many levels of Rebel emitters and that may create a problem.
Really, for the most part CREE is a CREE, Q2 is like 6 or 7lm difference only.

4 versions of neutral white Rebels......

http://www.luxeonstar.com/sub_category.php?id=1394&link_str=1394

Last edited:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today. It worked for just a short while then stopped working after a few clicks on and off. I tried all of the usual tricks and still nothing. So its going back to DX. I have heard their customer service is getting better so hopefully I will be getting a replacement.

But while it worked it was pretty bright for such a small LED. Not quite as bright as the MTE SSC 42180 light.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today. It worked for just a short while then stopped working after a few clicks on and off. I tried all of the usual tricks and still nothing. So its going back to DX. I have heard their customer service is getting better so hopefully I will be getting a replacement.

But while it worked it was pretty bright for such a small LED. Not quite as bright as the MTE SSC 42180 light.

The DX site did say 3700 lux throw @1M for the MTE SSC 42180 vs. 1300 lux throw @1M for the MTE C2 Rebel. So not too surprised. The MTE SSC 42180 is just a freak.