Surefire Rechargable question???

JD Spydo

Newly Enlightened
I have had a Surefire rechargable model 9an for the past 18 months. It doesn't seem like the light has ever been right. Has anyone else here had problems with this same model of Surefire Flashlight?

Also I have been wondering about the battery sticks for this unit. The company has them rated at 45 minutes of use per recharging? I'm getting about 30 minutes at best.

Also are there any better aftermarket battery sticks available for this Surefire 9an available that might perform better. Forgive me if these questions have been previously talked about a lot because I've been absent from this Forum for a while. thanks in advance JD

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello JD,

Welcome to CPF.

If you do a search in the battery section on "Twice the runtime and brighter" you will find some efforts on getting a better battery pack for this light. The work is on hold right now as we are in search of other batteries to use that give similar performance to the GP3700SP cells.

In the meantime it sounds like you may benefit from reconditioning your battery, or should consider replacing it.

Tom

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
The work is on hold right now as we are in search of other batteries to use that give similar performance to the GP3700SP cells.

Tom,

Could you explain what is wrong with the GP3700SP cells? Is there a much better alternative on the way?

I got one of your battery packs with a SF L7 I recently purchased from a CPF member, and it seems good to me.