Arc-Solitaire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

georget98

Enlightened
I was trying to swap batteries in the dark and discovered the Arc AAA head and the Mag Solitaire tail have the same threads.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
arcmag.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uh.. some how I feel that it's a waste of battery to have the solitaire on. I mean the ARC AAA is already brighter than the solitaire, what's the use of having an incandescent here wasting power? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

logical

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Uh.. some how I feel that it's a waste of battery to have the solitaire on. I mean the ARC AAA is already brighter than the solitaire, what's the use of having an incandescent here wasting power? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of it's usefulness...it gives me a great idea....anybody else?

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stick an LED in the Solitare side?

CNC Dan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It reminds me of this : link to tandom ARC Bodys

georget98

Enlightened
Actually I was going to say after playing with batteries and interchangable parts, I played with my digital camera and Paint Shop Pro. But I couldn't update it or post anything until now.

But by putting the battery facing tip to Arc and extending the Arc contact about 1/8 inch with an aluminum foil ball, the Arc will light, but the Solitaire's filament has too low a resistance to show anything.

logical

Newly Enlightened
Actually what I thought of right away was this:

1425.jpg

Use a Solitaire tailcap as a plug in place of an ARC head and you have a slick spare battery capsule. Just be sure to put a rubber pad or something in the bottom of the body...otherwise it can short the battery and you then have the world's smallest hand warmer....trust me, it happens and gets hot fast.

1426.jpg

Now clearly it would be cheaper to just carry an extra arc aaa but think of this.... If you bought a few of the aaaa bodies (CNC Dan was it?) then you are going to have a few aaa bodies left over. So in that case all you have is the $5 for a solitaire at walmart....and you get a free battery and cheesey lanyard too. Of course if you are carrying the aaaa, then a aaa spare isn't much good now is it. Ok, then give it to somebody you know who carries a pager that uses an AAA?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, You can see where you are going, as well as where you have been? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.