Fenix P3D-CE battery recommandations.

Spypro

Enlightened
Hi ! The title says it all.

I will buy a P3D-CE and I want to feed it with the best I can find.

I want to use RCR123A + charger.
I saw a lot of people talking about AW's Tenergy's and BatteryStations'...

What are your recommandations ?

Thanks !

Mat

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went on a search for the same answer, and AW RCR123 was what most people were recommending and what I went with. So far so good.

Spypro

Enlightened
Where can I buy them ? Websites recommandations ?
I will buy a charger too.
They must be able to ship to Canada ;)

Thanks !

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Fenix store has them and of course AW will ship to you. I am using them with wonderful results.
One caveat - I purchased 8 of AW's rcr 123's and only two of them slide snuggly into and out of the P3D. All the others are a tight fit and therefore I haven't forced them. I believe others have reported the same experience.

wintermute

Enlightened
Which place would be the better ?
Is this charger worths the price ? AW's Dual Bay Fast Charger AW-139
Those battery are 9$ each and 750mah AW's RCR123A 750mah
If you are going to be charging mostly RCR123s and want to maybe have more selection in what you can charge in the future, I would recommend the AW UF-138 - it needs no spacers to charge RCR123s and has a 3.0v or 3.7v switch to charge different RCR123s: [URL="https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=53_57&products_id=208&osCsid=25da16e8c66dbfdd7609e57ee6e93f5f]AW's UF-138 charger[/url] - then again, if you ever want to charge 14500 (AA size) batteries, then the UF-139 would be the right choice.

wintermute

Enlightened
off topic - but Fenix store has been one of the best stores I have ever dealt with. Not saying that Lighthound is bad, but having to spend a flat rate of $6.10 shipping on a $4 switch makes me stay away from Lighthound frequently. Fenix-store has shipping included and 8% off when you use the discount code CPF8!

Also, protected cells are generally expensive - you can buy them from AW directly if you'd like, but they would take a bit to arrive probably...but check the thread:http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=166496 - they're $6 from there, plus shipping, plus transit time...with the discount code the batts from Fenix-store are only around $8.25 and that includes shipping and you'll get them in a couple of days.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Just order from AW.

Costs about the same and shipping time is the same.

Service is great too.

Expect everything to take 1-2 weeks to Canada.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
I mentioned earlier that only 2 of 8 AW rcr123's fit in my original P3D. Having just received a new P3D Q2, I looked for some batteries to fire it up. With hesitation, I tried 2 of the non-fitting 6 remaining AW's and they fit easily. I'm thinking either Fenix has increased the bore a bit since the early P3D's or the production tolerances are losey goosey.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any comments comparing AW IR123 to the Ultrafire brand protected rechargeables? These would be for the P3D newest ID tubes.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any comments comparing AW IR123 to the Ultrafire brand protected rechargeables? These would be for the P3D newest ID tubes.

The Ultrafires are too long for my P3D. They won't let the tailcap contact the batt tube, needed to complete the circuit. AWs are okay.