EDC P120 EYE CANDY

dixemon

Enlightened
I thought I might share a few photos of the new unit.
L1, 120P, HDS U150(Seoul)
P1010707.jpg

P1010704.jpg

P1010702.jpg
P1010700.jpg

Left is 120P, notice the non-brass outer ring conductor surface novatac uses compared to the HDS
P1010711.jpg

P1010699.jpg

120p from 2'
P1010718.jpg

My unit has a cooler temp emmiter and slightly green compared to my USVOH modded U60. Construction seems as sturdy, clicky responds nicely, Beam is very nice and even from corona out. Knurling is not quite as aggressive as HDS series and threads are more coarse. Overall about 2-3mm smaller in size due to new tailcap design. IMHO best EDC light regardless of money, bonus, it cost less than we were paying for the U60 and twice as bright. Dont worry your getting a quality product! Enjoy

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won't even ask how you got it..... but thanks for posting the photos. Makes me want to order another one!

SaVaGe

Enlightened
thank you for taking the time to show us ur new toy!!!
hope its not to much to ask for a beamshot compared to your HDS and would love it it u compare it to your surefire

:bow::bow:

RickyT

Newly Enlightened
Can you show us the elusive clip?

How's the run time?

Looks like u got the glow in that one looking right at them.

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
:kewlpics: Wow... Does it wobble when you let it tailstand? Any chance of a pic outdoors? (so we can see how much throw this baby has)

Last edited:

dixemon

Enlightened
thank you for taking the time to show us ur new toy!!!
hope its not to much to ask for a beamshot compared to your HDS and would love it it u compare it to your surefire

:bow::bow:

My HDS was modded by myself with a seoul emmiter and has the same beam profile but approx 10-20 lumens brighter. As far as the L1, it is the old version I just recieved in the mail to upgrade to a seoul, I just used it as size comparision. Otherwise there really isnt any comparison as far as beam profile between the L1 LuxIII and the 120P, the 120P kills it hands down.

Ricky:
No clip brother, this is a gimme from a distributor that i recieved for making a rather large purchase of these lights, however i should be getting a clip in a couple of days.

Sunny:
No wobble, its solid with a recessed tail cap. Ill see if I can get some outdoor pics for ya.

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks very good, thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

Really needs a SS/Ti bezel though...:)

alex in germany

Newly Enlightened
Thank´s for the Pic´s and the review.

But,... where is the Clip ?? Is that a national SECRET ?? Who ever see´s one get´s killed ??:crackup::twothumbs

Alex

dixemon

Enlightened
another think you might be interested to know is that the EDC120 is slightly thicker than the HDS line. For instance it will not fit in the Kydex holster sold by Litemania, well it will fit but not without a fight.

aceo07

Enlightened
How'd you determine your HDS was at 150? I've always been curious to see how my HDS's seoul is doing.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can we get some pics of the text on the side of the Novatac?

dixemon

Enlightened
Can we get some pics of the text on the side of the Novatac?

Funny enough there isnt any text on the side, just on the tailcap. The 85 and 120 are esentially the same light with the exception of maximum voltage regulation to the emitter. And as a bonus there is a way to unlock the T version to make it fully programable.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for post. Good to here the tailstand is solid , one of the reasons I ordered the P version. The wait is starting to get to me.:whistle: