Eastward YJ beamshot

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here you go, beamshot for Eastward YJ(DX SKU 4424) from 2 meters with 1x18650. more intense hotspot with 2xRCR123 but i dont carry one and no SLR but exposure compensation is -1.7 step to show hotspot intensity. Apologize for poor photo. Build quaility is nice with perfectly centred emitter, Unfortunately no HAIII. OP Reflector so beam is really smooth with defined hotspot. Handle nicely in my palm, well balanced from head to tail and perfect length. Swith has enough Resistance unlike most cheap flashlight with either really hard clicky or really loose clicky. I kinda like this one more usable light at mid to close range than my Ultrafire C2 with its blinding hotspot at close range. And at the same time it still illuminate longer range. 2 modes really come in handy, the low should be lower though.

Edit. Tried this light with 2xRCR123 3.7, one word WOW! hotspot is really intense more than single 18650. lower modes dont make any different with this setup which is weird. Final word? Worth it!

EastwardYJ-6.jpg

EastwardYJ-1.jpg

EastwardYJ-5.jpg

beamshot
EastwardYJ-1beamshot.jpg

Emitter
emitterwithOP.jpg

I cant do comparison shot because i dont have my other thrower at the moment.

Last edited:

lowatts

Newly Enlightened
rizky - your sig lists a YJ with a Q5 mod, is that this light? How much improvement did the Q5 make over the P4? Thanks.

skyline_man

Banned
I also have this light and i prefer using it to my Lumapower MRV. It seems to put out more light and has the perfect combination of throw and flood.
It feels better in the hand and is smaller than my MRV. The MRV has a head that is too big IMO.
If this light comes in HAIII, ill be buying a few!!

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
rizky - your sig lists a YJ with a Q5 mod, is that this light? How much improvement did the Q5 make over the P4? Thanks.

As much as i want it too, no it is a different flashlight :)
I remove the Q5 and place SSC P4 instead since it was originaly a Lux III flaslight. I have Q5 laying around, but cant seems to open Eastward YJ Head to swap the star. Should be an easy replacement though if i can open it.

Latest posts