Inova X1 pics

Mrd 74

Enlightened
Lots of great pictures of the new Inova X1 on County Comms website. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
Re: <elvis voice> Thank...

Now that's cool!

<Dr Evil voice>I will call it... Mini-X5T</Dr Evil voice>....

But seriously though, if they used some 3mm leds. I reckon they can make a mini-X5T!

-YC

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Very cool. I can't wait to get one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
single led.

looks very nice!

i wonder if that dust in the beam is behind or in front of the led?

DrAg0n

Banned
I still like the first Inova X5....

its still the most beautiful Led Light i have ever seen....maybe thats y i bought 3...:D

after the first and second designs X5T models came out....they started to get uglier and uglier because of the design of the grooves.....

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I got to try out the X1 in white and green at the SHOT Show. The white was brighter than my Arc AAA, because the lens creates a very tight hot spot. It's hard to say how usefull this will be in the real world. With a green LED, it was very bright, almost as bright as my Badboy 400 that I brought for comparison. Once again, a tight spot. Much tighter than the Badboy with NXO5 optic.

As far as quality goes, it looked and felt as good as the X5T. The octagonal shape might help to keep the light from sliding in your hand like the older X5T, however, I think the rougher finish they are using now is of greater benefit.
Overall, a nice light that I will be buying, even though I'm not sure where it will be useful in my light lineup. Too big for a key chain. Not any easier to carry than an Arc LS, and not as bright either.

Why buy it then? Because it's cool. Who said our lights always had to be practical?

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be buying one in green, and can hardly wait. I plan on having it replace my green Infinity that's on my keychain. Believe it or not, it's not as noticable as most people think. It's the width of the light that's the biggest problem. Of course, it's probably relative to the user. I've even heard complaints of an Arc AAA being too big for a keychain, although I would totally disagree.

I like the idea of this light because it has some throw, but is still small and has long runtime. I mostly need an area light while at rest, for which I can shine something like this at a ceiling or tent wall. For me, this light promises to be the best of both worlds.