Help choosing new light

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for some help with a new light. I'm looking for something that looks dressy that could be worn with a Tuxedo. Many nights after playing gigs it's dark and I don't fancy falling with my horn on my back. Pocket carry isn't really an option, when I wear my tux minimalist is the key word, don't want anything that would be uncomfortable while setting in the back row through a long concert digging into my leg. I was considering a draco for neck wear, but i'm not sure. It doesn't have to be super bright, something around 80-100 lumens on high with a low of 20 ish. Now I know I could stash my p3d in my tuba case and grab it after the show, but that's no fun and dosen't give me an excuse to buy a new light:twothumbs. Battery type does not matter, but i'd like to keep it to 1 cell options.

Barbarian

Enlightened
I would go with the Draco; mine is around my neck, very small and weighs next to nothing, yet is very powerful on high mode. :thumbsup:

EugeneJohn

Newly Enlightened
Hows about the Fenix L0D-CE in natural finish(almost posh looking) or in black if you want it to blend into the tux. If you don't need terribly long runtimes, put in a 10440 battery and ...boy howdy!, this little puppy kicks out some serious light.

I really love the 'slim' profile of the AAA lights. They almost disappear in a pocket, (jacket or pants) ...do tux coats have pockets?... (I've never worn one) or on a thin chain or lanyard around the neck and tucked into your shirt.

Hmmmmm...... you could get a pair of Lummi Wee's in nickel-silver and wear them as cuff links. :naughty:

LightJaguar

Enlightened
Intesting how someone is looking for a "dressy" light to have for formal occasions. Now that I think about it doesn't sound like a bad idea. I would hate to bust out a cheap Ultrafire (great lights) while wearing a $500+ suit/tuxedo. I recenly got a E2E winelight II and it looks like that would be my light of choice for such occasions.

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
I just realized that Orb makes a light in sterling silver, wish I could find a U.S dealer though

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to suggest a CR 2 Ion as well. They are great little lights.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a tuxedo? That calls for maximum bling. Only brand that is excellent in form or function is the McLuxIII Ti-PD S. It titanium, small form factor with excellent output and has a clip thats useful.

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
you need one of the new rebel fenix lights:D like a L1 or P2d

Just bought a P3D a few months ago. I will probably wait around till Christmas before I buy a new fenix and see what they have out in the next 5 months or so. Trying to decide between a E2D and a 6P/D with a extra leef body. I think in true CPF spirit i'll have to just buy both.

Oh, and I decided on an ORB probably in silver, think i'm going to get a matching set for the wife and my self for out anniversary. She's been wanting me to pick her up a P3D but I think she'll like this better. After that :broke: no more lights for a few months.