Sportman Extreme Mods?

LedLad

Newly Enlightened
Quick question from a noob,
Is anyone working on or contemplating modding the new Ray-O-Vac Sportsman Extreme 3w 2AA? It would seem to be a decent candidate for experimentation, I picked one up at Walmart 3 days ago for ~$25 and am very happy with it, especially for a widely available/cheaper light. One thing I would like is a different tailcap (a clicky). Any encouragement for a noob? :wave:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Should anyone be contemplating an SSC LED change (and I could afford it!) I'd be happy.

The LUX III (or clone) in both my ROV and my River Rock are NOT white, both being somewhat purple/pinkish!

The LUX I (or clone) in my ROV 1W IS white!

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a Nuwai light that is sold under many different names. It should be an easy swap to a Seoul emitter. The reflector is plastic, so removing the material from the back of it would be easy.

Use a 0.030" copper shim under the Seoul, along with a thin coat of Arctic Alumina thermal adhesive to isolate the base. Remove 0.030" from the back of the reflector. Of course, you would need to do a little soldering, and pay attention to the centering of the LED. But, if you are frequenting this section of the Forum, you have a handle on that.

Have fun... Modding is addictive!

datiLED