NyoGel 760G

Stream

Enlightened
Not sure what forum to post this in, but I though I'd go with general flashlight since it pertains to flashlights. My question is: would you recommend NyoGel 760G for lubricating the rubber O-rings on a TL-3 or similar flashlight.

anomalous

Newly Enlightened
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=186

I ordered some Nyogel 760G and 779ZC a couple of days ago for my flashlights. I don't remember where I got the info, but I hear Surefire uses these lubricants. 779ZC is a thicker lubricant used for the O-rings, while the 760G is used for the threads. Other than that, they're both the same.

Read the description on one of the lubricants pictured: it will detail its use.

Stream

Enlightened
Thanks for the advise guys. According to the description for NyogGel 760G "It works well in the connection between the o-rings and the bezel and tailcap on the flashlights." But if 779ZC is thicker and more suited for O-rings then I may use that instead. I assume it will also give some lubrication for the threads since it is also intended for mechanical components. One more question, though: what is my best shot for getting replacement tailcap O-rings for the TL-3 Xenon light? Does Lighthound carry anything I can use or should I just contact Streamlight.

Thanks again :)

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Obviously, get in touch with Streamlight, since they should know better which o-ring for which type of their lights. If there is too much hassle with streamlight then their agents/resellers should your next bet.

Stream

Enlightened
I tried to email Streamlight at [email protected] (which I got from their website) but I get the following message: this is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed. [email protected]

So is the email address not valid? Does anyone know of another email address I could try?

lightr07

Newly Enlightened
I tried to email Streamlight at [email protected] (which I got from their website) but I get the following message: this is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed. [email protected]

So is the email address not valid? Does anyone know of another email address I could try?

:lolsign: They care for there customers so much they don't even bother to update there Email Address! I would guess you should just call customer service (and mention to them while your at it that there email address isn't valid anymore.)

Stream

Enlightened
:lolsign: They care for there customers so much they don't even bother to update there Email Address! I would guess you should just call customer service (and mention to them while your at it that there email address isn't valid anymore.)

I would if I still lived in the States, but calling them from here is expensive and a bit of a hassle with the time difference. Anybody know of a good reseller I can contact?

BBL

Enlightened
Stay away from 759 / 760

It is no suitable grease and the often quoted 'conductivity' doesnt exist. In my experience, 759 gives way when enough force is aplied, making threads sticky and o-rings dry.

For example, my L0P was quite problematic with 759 (very sticky) and works well with 779.

Besides that, no common surefire (c-series) uses the threads for conductivity, this is just a myth based on limited technical understanding (like those lights are rocket science) - The extenders may be an exception.

Conclusion: I would recommend 779

Stream

Enlightened
Stay away from 759 / 760

It is no suitable grease and the often quoted 'conductivity' doesnt exist. In my experience, 759 gives way when enough force is aplied, making threads sticky and o-rings dry.

For example, my L0P was quite problematic with 759 (very sticky) and works well with 779.

Besides that, no common surefire (c-series) uses the threads for conductivity, this is just a myth based on limited technical understanding (like those lights are rocket science) - The extenders may be an exception.

Thanks, good looking out! So I'll order this then :http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1364

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stay away from 759 / 760

Don't waste your time fretting about whether a grease is "conductive" or not. No "conductive" grease is conductive enough to be the main path for flashlight current, and most, intended for dissipating static electricity, are around a billion (literally) times less conductive than copper. The main conduction path is and must be always through physically contacting metal pieces. Pressure between contacting metals squeezes grease or oil out of the actual contact area, allowing the metals themselves to contact. Grease or oil helps the connection by preventing oxidation or other corrosion of the contacting surfaces during vibration and when contact is broken.

Actually, some conductive greases are conductive enough to screw up the operation of regulator electronics if any manages to migrate to that part of the light. So conductive grease is best kept away from flashlights altogether.

c_c

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use MAGNALUBE on everything. It is available at magnalube.com. I have been using it for close to 5 years and have never had a failure of an O-ring seal. it works equally well on o-rings and well as mating parts. It has ptfe which protects parts and ensures great life. It also will not spread out when heated unlike many other lubricants.
MagnaLube is as good as it gets.
For strictly lubricating matal parts like threads or hinges the very best on the market is NANOLUBE search and ye shall find it. between these two products you will never need anthing else.
Yaesumofo

greenstuffs

Banned
Nyogel 760 is crap it gums the threads of my Ti PD-S no matter how little or how much you put. I don't think i'll get that ever again, will try krytox.

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok so should I go with 760G or 779ZC? I'm ordering from lighthound now.
I have both. I've been using 779ZC on O-rings and aluminum threads because it's recommended for that use. However, I've found that it's a little viscous for easy twistie operation. So I've recently switched to 760G on twisties since it's less viscous.

c_c

Stream

Enlightened
Ok, thanks for the advice, guys. I'll probably order both now, and see how they work.