Kewl LED Keyboard

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check this out ... http://www.luxeed.com/product_01.php

p_001.jpg

Video.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpnUbF2nnrA

at less than $150... inst it kool? especially considering the 512 color illumination capability....

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow that would be cool, if you used an application software recogniser, and the shortcut keys were instantally highlighted, you could have a Red "stop" button, and a "green" play button , yellow pause etc.

quick frag that dude with the purple button :)

i use a colored keyboard, where the different colors are different FUNTIONS of the keys, like numbers are blue, and function keys are green, and deleteing keys are red, and qualifyer keys are dark blue. but then i still have to look at the board to type :)

the Still picture of it is a waste, it looks like some kids toy. the video makes it look like some adults toy :eek:

the black one is more Subtle, pics of it light here http://chipchick.com/2007/01/ces_2007_luxeed_interactive_keyboard.html

Last edited:

Canuke

Enlightened
FINALLY, someone did it right! That OLED one was overkill for what I had in mind -- games.

Set it up for things like various controls in a flight sim, then use the key colors to signal problems with subsystems, flash alerts etc... hit that key to go straight to the appropriate controls.

Video editors used to the color-coded keyboards on high-end machines could use this with software on regular boxes, such as PRemiere, or Final Cut Pro (I assume that this would work with macs if they bother to write the software). I hope they open up their API so anyone can access it....

Last edited:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, me like too !
I use Final Cut Pro on a mac with the color-coded Keyboard...
This would be a nice option for my Intel PC running Premiere...

Cheers !

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question:
so which one would you buy? the black with the lettering glowing, and glow around the base of the key, and high contrast, or the white with the pastelley look white translucent keys that will get dirty faster, limited contrast, and much spill over from key to key?

i want something in between (of course) with light translucent white Caps, but blackened sides of the key caps, so there is more definition, and contrast.

plus i dont like the flat wide keys with less spacing, it causes more cross striking, and i dont want the other language stuff on it. its artistic with the other stuff there, even if it is a different language, but i would prefer that the english be bold and big, and the other not there at all.

soo, i would probably modify it :) nooooooooooo:ohgeez:

mabey a miracle will occur, and the americans will Clone one , and sell it to china :grin2:

Last edited: