AA to D adaptors again

I know this was somewhat canvassed but not my specific question so here goes.

Given that many common rechargeable D cells are only 2000mAh, but that 2600 mAh or more AA are common, why not use those plastic AA to D adaptors in place of D rechargeables?

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because the most common D cells I can find are 4500mAh (for NiCd) and 9000mAh (for NiMH).

Go to electronics shops or online retailers, rather than general hardware stores and supermarkets. Believe it or not, you'll actually buy cheaper as well.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this was somewhat canvassed but not my specific question so here goes.

Given that many common rechargeable D cells are only 2000mAh, but that 2600 mAh or more AA are common, why not use those plastic AA to D adaptors in place of D rechargeables?

if they are only 2000, then it is likly that they are just AAs sleeved with plastic, so indeed if that is the choice, then the only issue with adapting an AA is the connections. more connections is a point.

you can find great 9000ma ni-mhy and good 11,000ma D cells though.

cam94z28

Newly Enlightened
A 4-AA to D adapter would make more sense than the plastic holders that take a single AA. I couldn't even use the single AA Nexcell holders (Thomas Distributing gave me with my C-9000) in my 2D mag because the spring wouldn't contact the negative. I was able to use the Single AA to C in a 2C light though.

The 4 cell adapters would get you 8000mAh from even Eneloops. It's still cheaper to buy Rechargeable D's of higher capacity if you shop around though. It could get kind of expensive to use a whole pack of NiMh for each D Cell.

Last edited: