MiniMag LED Tailcap

Harry Mason

Newly Enlightened
My name is Harry Mason. I'm in town on vacation. This may sound really off the wall, but listen to me. I got a Mini Maglite LED after my old flashlight broke. I noticed that the tailcap doesn't have any lanyard hole. Is it possible to replace the tailcap with a classic MiniMag tailcap, or is there ant other mod that I can do?

Pher

Newly Enlightened
Harry, If I remember right, the threads on a classic minimag won't match the ones on the new minimag LED. As for mods, I really dont know of any.

vic2367

Enlightened
yes you can replace the talcaps...might have too pull/lenthen the spring a little...also check out the tailcap from batteryjunction,,,its from terralux,,,very nice,,

Harry Mason

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice everyone, and for the warm welcome. That tailcap's pretty neat. I was just passing through, but I think I'm going to become a regular. Pher, the threads aren't the problem; it's the length of the spring. I'm actually not sure about flashlights. Those monsters were like moths and that gave me a hell of a lot of trouble. But then purchasing night vision goggles would mean financial death from wallet hemorrhaging. Maybe if I gave my UFO pals a ring with the channeling stone...