1D or 1C light

Robatman

Newly Enlightened
Are there any 1D or 1C lights out there?

With the advent of 3.7v rechargeables in this size now available at some of the HK discount stores, I'm looking for a host!! I'm also in Australia so may need to be a cheap online option....
Robert

Marduke

Flashaholic
I have seen 2D Mag's cut down to 1D. Also, you may be able to find a light that uses a 3AAA battery carrier that will fit a C cell. Maybe even a 3AA light to fit a D.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The Energizer Accent Lanterns are 1D lights. They're not readily available any more, however. Not bad little lights, but no brighter than a nightlight. They do have an advertised 200 hour runtime.

Geoff

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any 1D or 1C lights out there?

With the advent of 3.7v rechargeables in this size now available at some of the HK discount stores, I'm looking for a host!! I'm also in Australia so may need to be a cheap online option....
Robert
I've had the same thought myself, for the same reason.

Never sen a 1C lamp, except for some LED torches with 3AAA carriers.

There are CPF members who offer cut-down custom Mag 1D, but the only commercial 1D I've ever seen is the "Eveready One". This is sometimes sold with a cheap throwaway radio in a "SES Emergency pack". Intrigued at the thought of a 1D incan torch, I bought one at the Post Office a couple of years ago. Came with a 1.2v Krypton PR flange bulb.

(It now has a 4AA battery carrier and a KPR113 and sits on my fusebox.)

Robatman

Newly Enlightened
Good ideas about the cut down mag- I love the look of the little stubby!

I wanted to use it as a bike light also- have seen some great mods using the mag head/cut down body, but dont have the equipment to re-thread it myself and being in OZ, it just seems like a hassle to get one from a modder in the northern hemisphere.

I also think the Mag switch takes up a lot of room!! and was hoping for something a little shorter. Will check some of 3AAA's to see if a "C" fits in. Anybody know of a 3AAA body from DX or Kai that fit a C?

Robert