All You WF-500 Owners . . . . .

Wassernaut

Newly Enlightened
All you WF-500 owners . . . . have any of you bought the LED Conversion Module . . . this one http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7039 or one similar? And if so:

1. Did it fit well (just drop right in)?

2. Were you happy with it?

3. Can you give an estimate of the output (lumens) with the LED?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

- Larry

PayBack

Enlightened
Why would you? I bought it for the 500 (ish) lumens the hotwire puts out, I don't know why you'd turn it into an LED rather than buy an LED light in the first place?

Wassernaut

Newly Enlightened
Why would you?

Why I would want to have this conversion wasn't the question, I have a good reason (for me anyway). That is - if there's a good reason why any of us do much of the things we do with flashlights.

The question was concerning the experiences others may have had with this conversion. If anyone has bought and used this drop in module I'd enjoy hearing their thoughts. - Larry

PayBack

Enlightened
No it wasn't your question, but that doesn't stop me wondering why people would want to.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Payback.... I ordered it for the same reason many of us order lights...I'm just curious if it will be good...I have found that quite a few lights I ordered on a whim turned out to be very good. I ordered a 1 123a light with a center body click switch from DX- and it has become my most often used light! Never expected it to be so good!
My 500 is awesome..but I still want to know how the led will be. I'd also like a smooth reflector to make the 500 into a thrower, but that will have to wait I guess.

Wassernaut

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Lighthouse, I hope you'll share your thoughts when you have time to play with it. - Larry