G2L --- L4

iholla

Newly Enlightened
Is there going to be a big differance in beam pattern and light output from these 2 lights? Anyone have them both for a comparison

Size15's

Flashaholic
The P60L used by the G2L and 6PL is a substitute for the P60. It is similar to it with the addition of enhanced utility with the longer runtime. I would no more compare the G2L to the L4 than I would the G2.
They are different flashlights altogether. I would not use a G2L for applications I'd use an L4 for & vice versa.
Like I don't have an L4 in my vehicle's first aid kit, nor my toolbox or under the kitchen sink, or in my vehicle's glove box.
I don't have a G2L clipped inside my winter jacket inside pocket, and one of my mates who is a Police Officer does not have a G2L clipped inside his pocket to backup a U2, and one of my mate's girlfriends doesn't have a G2L in her handbag (she original stole the L4 from our Police Officer mate so I got him another L4).

In my opinion the P60L is mostly for replacing the P60 in products that you want to continue using.

Al

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
G2L is a great general purpose beam. It wasn't meant to blow anything out of the water, just give out a decent beam of light and stay lit for hours

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anybody yet done a runtime graph on the G2L? I liked the stated spec of several hours of constant light followed by several hours of declining light.

Supernam

Enlightened
Drops to 75% of max output after the first 1-2 minutes. About 3.5 hours at that level before the big plunge.

iholla

Newly Enlightened
The P60L used by the G2L and 6PL is a substitute for the P60. It is similar to it with the addition of enhanced utility with the longer runtime. I would no more compare the G2L to the L4 than I would the G2.
They are different flashlights altogether. I would not use a G2L for applications I'd use an L4 for & vice versa.
Like I don't have an L4 in my vehicle's first aid kit, nor my toolbox or under the kitchen sink, or in my vehicle's glove box.
I don't have a G2L clipped inside my winter jacket inside pocket, and one of my mates who is a Police Officer does not have a G2L clipped inside his pocket to backup a U2, and one of my mate's girlfriends doesn't have a G2L in her handbag (she original stole the L4 from our Police Officer mate so I got him another L4).

In my opinion the P60L is mostly for replacing the P60 in products that you want to continue using.

Al

So you would use a L4 in what way?

Man so may purposeful use flashlights kill me!

lightemup

Flashaholic*
For me my L4 is my edc/pocket light. It is more compact than my g2l. I do not believe that there is so much of a difference between the KL4 and p60L as far as brightness etc goes (at least mine).

My L4 is BRILLIANT at lighting up indoors, it puts out a 'wall of light.' My p60L has a more defined hotspot (brighter than my L4's) and my L4 is brighter in the sidespill. The p60L throws further.

I got the g2l as an emergency light / car light etc. However I am also trialling it as a replacement for my p61 / p91, to see if I can sacrifice the extra output for much better runtime and durability.

To put the carry options into perspective, I have a couple of friends that edc a 6p and a g2 without a problem in pockets. For me, I prefer the more compact size of the executive series. But if I have a bag or the car, my g2zl (g2z with the p60L) is never far behind ;)

I find both the p60L and KL4 very useful...

Wow, my 800th post!

Size15's

Flashaholic
So you would use a L4 in what way?
Like has been mentioned, the thin compactness of the E-Series make them such as the L4 more suited to unobtrusive carry.

Perhaps it is strange that there be so much of a difference between the standard (G2 etc) and E-Series than a mere difference in diameter would suggest.

And again, the addition of a pocketclip adds so much for carry ease.

I guess you could say that the G2/G2L are for situations where I could need a flashlight (vehicle/1st aid kit/toolbox etc).
... the L2/L1/L4/E2e/E2L (etc) are for when I might need a flashlight (EDC).
... the M3T/M6 etc are for when I will need a flashlight (out for a night walk etc)

Al

SunStar

Enlightened
I guess you could say that the G2/G2L are for situations where I could need a flashlight (vehicle/1st aid kit/toolbox etc).
... the L2/L1/L4/E2e/E2L (etc) are for when I might need a flashlight (EDC).
... the M3T/M6 etc are for when I will need a flashlight (out for a night walk etc)

Al

Excellent summation Al!!