AU$50 and about to buy a 2D Mag..

Deffenhazad

Newly Enlightened
Unless somebody has a better suggestion, I currently own a G2 with Cree Drop in (which I am very happy with), a 6D Maglite and a (recently sold) 3D Maglite.

I am after something with a bit of length/Weight to it that preferably runs on either D cells or CR123a (as I have surplus of both cells) per the above my budget including shipping is $50AU (about $40US).

Any Ideas, Links Welcome

Thanks!

Dave

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you just want to use CR123 batteries, the VB-16 form DX might be good. There are also many other Cree/Seoul CR123 lights on that site but quality of some of the lights could be questionable.

If you want D cells, how about the MagLED 2D. The Terralux Seoul 2D drop-in is too expensive with shipping to Australia.

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
A MagLED is WAY over A$50.

Hmmm. Something with D Cells and a bit of heft to it.

Coles Supermarkets are selling out of the Energizer Hardcase 4D for $8.07 at the moment - there's still a couple around in a few shops. These take D cells only, and the nice surprise is the OEM fitment of a SPKR823 bulb which is a direct rival to the 4-cell Magstar Xenon for brightness.

I know - it's doesn't give you length, but it is bright, reliable and one of the toughest torches you can find.

And cheap...

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Yeah mate thats a bit of a tall ask for the price. Shame you don't still have the 3d you could have got a terra lux drop in.

Lctorana that sounds like a great Bargain! I don't have any need at all for that, but you can count on me visiting Coles in the next couple of days ;)

I've just had a set of energizer batteries kill my 3d maglite (leaked in it), and I miss it. It is a real shame, because i've had that maglite since I was a cub scout :(

I'll keep an eye out for you :)

Deffenhazad

Newly Enlightened
Cheers for that link Wok, It might be worth splashing out a bit extra to get the 2d Magled, although I am pretty sure I saw it on ebay from a HK seller for $50 posted, although they don't have a choice of colours (more decisions!).

While the DX option looks tough, It doesn't really offer anything my G2 doesn't already. But thanks all for your suggestions, seems the 2d Magled might be a winner!