Luma M1 LED upgrade

96TL

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if I can use the M1-R Rebel LED engine on the M1? Do I need to replace the reflector also? Or is it just a drop-in? I e-mailed Luma a few days ago, but haven't received any response.

Thanks.

gopurple

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about the Rebel, but I change my M1 Cree to the SSC Flood Kit I got from battery junction, that worked out well.

I also have the M1 Lux3, so I decided to put the Cree in that one, found out that the lux3 model has a shorter head so the longer reflector will not fit, had to use the old one. I did manage to put in the Cree, but had to screw the light module in just a few thread and not all the way in till it bottom out. Turns out the lux3 module is shorter then the Cree and the SSC P4 Module.

This might not answer your question, just be aware that the M1 comes with different length head. Hope this help.

Brozneo

Enlightened
The M1-R dropin is only compatable with the Tactical M1's I think - it is a longer drop in module and reflector than the original M1's

lexina

Enlightened
The M1-R dropin is only compatable with the Tactical M1's I think - it is a longer drop in module and reflector than the original M1's

That's correct but I understand that they are also coming out with a version that will be compatible with the non-tactical M1s.