Cam'd Alum Mag C/D OP Reflector Anyone?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I was looking at this OEM (cam) style aluminum Mag C/D reflector, wondering if it can be had with texture:

https://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=3068

So I wrote sales @ kaidomain.com about it and got:

We have the smooth version on hand only at the moment, i am happy to contact the manufactuer for the point after the National Day (10/1-10/4), people are duty off for the holiday.

Giving us 4 days to figure out what to ask for. I'm thinking we get a consensus and then several of us ask at the same time.

Combined with a UCL, I want the minimum needed texture (preserving the most throw) for a TerraLUX upgraded full size (C/D) Maglite so as to have a smooth (Fenix OP style) projected beam with huge throw.

Would this be Light Orange Peel (LOP)? And is there a technical way to explain it that they can pass on to the manufacturer?

:thanks:

Last edited:

pbs357

Enlightened
Hi Electron,

From what I've seen, Light or Medium OP is probably the way to go if you want to preserve maximum throw. But I don't have a Fenix to compare to. However, I'd think that with how deep the reflector is, even with a stippled reflector you should still get some decent throw from your Mag.

Last edited: