BugOutGearUSA drop-in modules DEAD ON ARRIVAL - no refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lincoln

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered and received two BOG-Creel170 "Premium Plus" Cree Drop-In-Modules for my SureFire 9Ps, and neither of them work. I have the two "older model" SureFire P-9s and I ordered the drop-ins that are for the "older model" and that is what I paid for and that is what the receipt shows. Niether model will even bring a flicker of light to my 9-Ps. I tried repeatedly to get them to work using the directions that came with the drop in modules, but turning the module "counter-clockwise 1/2 turn", does not get either of them to work. I went to the BugOutGearUSA.com website to see how to return the two DEAD drop in modules, and was surprised to find that I cannot return these dead on arrival drop in modules for a refund. The website states: "LED Modules cannot be returned for a refund." Foolish of me for not reading the fine print before placing the fatal order. Now I'm stuck with two dead modules and I'm out $87.90.

Last edited:

Dr.K

Enlightened
Ouch! 87 bucks aint what it used to be, but dang man, it's still 87 bucks.

sorry dude, I have been burned before and empathize.:mecry:

Mr.Urahara reloaded

Newly Enlightened
Wow, wow....

Easy man, who says your drop-ins are dead?

I can understand that one unit can be defective, but both DOA is really implausible. ( If they turn out to be confirmed DOA you should start playing the lottery:D)

I'm sure others will chim in here and will help you to get your units to work properly.

MfG Mr.Urahara

Lincoln

Newly Enlightened
have you tried contacting them??? (phone, email, smoke signal?) :poke:

I'm contacting them now by US mail --- and enclosing the two DOA drop-ins. They can figure it out. But, with a product like this, I certainly understand now why BugOutGearUSA has a no refund policy on these modules.

Last edited:

Mr.Urahara reloaded

Newly Enlightened
Are you REALLY sure it is the right model for your older P9?
Maybe they have listed the right item on the bill, but put in the other type for the newer P9 by accident?

Contact them?

Have you tried to light the drop-ins up without the P9 just with the Batteries?

Wolfhound 9K

Newly Enlightened
The website states: "LED Modules cannot be returned for a refund." Foolish of me for not reading the fine print before placing the fatal order. Now I'm stuck with two dead modules and I'm out $87.90.

From the BOG website:

"Drop-In Module Lifetime Guarantee:

If your BOGUSA Drop-In Module ever fails due a manufacturing defect we will replace it(PERIOD)! Any Drop-in module returned to us within 30 days will be covered under warranty and replaced free of charge. There is a $6.00 shipping and handling fee after 30 days for US customers. International customers may be charged additional shipping fees.
The Purchaser is responsible for insuring any product so returned and assumes the risk of loss during shipping. Damage to the drop-in module resulting from abuse, misuse, or modification is not covered by our warranty. The finish is also not warranted. If at the time of replacement there is not a direct replacement, we reserve the right to substitute your module with something of similar value. This life-time guarantee only applies to the original purchaser of the module."

so send it back! I've been using my Premium Plus CREE 170 lm drop-in fine now for a few months and it's very comforting knowing that they will take care of it for life

Lincoln

Newly Enlightened
Are you REALLY sure it is the right model for your older P9?
</p>
Before I placed the order, out of an abundance of caution, I confirmed by email (with what I thought was absolute certainty) that the particular drop-ins I was planning on ordering was the drop-in for my older Sure-Fires. I even physically described in detail the appearance of my 9-Ps. And the invoice is pretty clear in this regard that I have the right ones. I guess I can start trying to trouble shoot, but I'm limited on tools and a 0 on technical expertise. I really would like my mony back, but that is not possible, according to BugOutGearUSA website.

Last edited:

clg0159

Enlightened
Right, but at least they will replace the defective products with new ones. That was what I meant, not sure if I was clear. :thinking:

ja10

Enlightened
I know this isn't really my place, but it seems like this could get out of control really fast. No matter what their website says, it seems fair to give them a chance to make it right before discussing all of the "what ifs". I've never dealt with BOG, but I would give them a chance to make it right before starting a discussion that could end up tarnishing their reputation.

It sounds like worst case scenario, they give you two new modules. Maybe they even go above and beyond and give you your money back. I'm sure either way that they will take care of you though.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Let's not turn this into a "jeers" thread yet. Better that Lincoln has communication with BOG about this issue, and see what happens.

Bill

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Hello all...

First off let me start off by saying this is getting out of hand for apparently no reason whatsover and thank you to those that have pointed it out.

We stand behind the products and assure you if we were contacted about the issue it would of been taken care of already. We have NOT been contacted.

Our phone number is on the enclosed instruction sheet and states if all else fails simply call us!

All modules are tested before being shipped out to make sure they work. If they do not work then it is probably a fit issue. They should work with a 9P, but if the customer doesn't indicate the correct model when ordering we will not ship out the neccessary additional spring needed for the 9P.

I think with this extra spring this customer would of had two great working lights.

Our refund policy is set-up due to customers ordering multiple units, selecting the tint they prefer and returning the others(which has happened on more than one occassion). Once someone returns a module it cannot be resold as new. Of course there are exceptions to this policy and those are reviewed on a case by case basis. We aren't trying to penalize average joe customer that truly has a problem!

I hope this customer contacts us prior to sending them back because the fix is a simple one and probably doesn't warrant starting this thread.

I hope the mods can close this one since there really isn't any issue at hand.

Thank you all,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com
Now a US JetBeam Distributor

Last edited:

cy

Flashaholic
totally agree seller should be contacted to allow a chance to take care of problems ... before posting!

simplest way to tell if module is at fault is to apply voltage to the module outside of light. a regulated power supply is nice, but a simple tester like this will do just fine.

tester.JPG

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Issues between dealers and consumers are best handled via email, phone call, PM, etc.

Public debates lead no where, and usually accomplish nothing.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.