Anyone have DS beamshots yet?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know a few of you got yours. Can you post some pics while we wait for ours. Thanks

ibcj

Enlightened
The only thing holding me back from placing an order is seeing some beamshots.

Somebody help push me over the edge with some pics already. :candle:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here Is a Arc AAA-P DS VS TNC keylux AA

The AA Keylux has a Luxeon I SWOH @ 350mA

picture003io6.jpg

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a huge difference on those beamshots! Thanks PSM.
I wish I knew that a new version is going to be so good compared to the old Arc-P. I bought my Arc-P a month ago, I would wait for the DS if I knew... :mecry:

alex in germany

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, PSM.

That will make my waiting time easier...:whistle:

But then i will recieve a DS, a Snow, and a UV. :nana:

I only had the old standard ARC AAA, seems that the DS is far brighter.

Alex

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks PSM for posting some beamshots. That looks a lot more than a 30% increase in light output. I don't think units of similiar age would have as large a difference. With both new LEDs, my tests have shown the DS to be about 30% more lumens than a new CS and a little bit less blue. As LEDs age, the lumens drops slowly and the color can shift.

So yes, there will be more lumens and less blue in the new DS, but it won't be a huge improvement unless your CS (or BS series if it is really old) has quite a bit of use on it.

peter

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I'm not sure what emitter i have in my old Arc, but it is a "P", and has some batteries through it! I consider it still bright, but not compared to the new guys! ;)

I would say that it is a good 50% brighter. :eek:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Way to go Peter and crew!

My DS is much brighter than my CS too. I believe a big part of the increased bightness perception is that the tint is much whiter. The color contrast is better, much better.

This light will definitely change my EDC habits. Since I now have a great long running utility light in my pocket I will belt carry a small incan on my belt when the need arises. No more need to carry a long running LED on my belt.

kelmo

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
Ray yes that's correct. CS = AAA-premium 2x led (around 6 lumens, but blue) that Arc has been using for a while. DS = improved technology gets more lumens (about 9), but doesn't fix the tint. Snow = cleaned up tint, but brightness similar to CS. There is not yet a 5mm led available that has the higher brightness AND has good tint, so you get to choose.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
now that Arc has the standard (AAA) and premium (AAA-P) on closeout, i wonder if all new AAA's will just be with the new DS LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.