Heroes & Star Trek

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are many allusions to Star Trek in Heroes, but one of the most subtle I saw this last week in UK, was when "Mr. Sulu" (George Takei) got into his limo after meeting son Hiro, the number plate, seen fleetingly (couple of frames) as camera panned was...NCC 1701.

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's really cool! I love StarGate (both flavors), and there are always references to Star Trek. I heard Richard Dean Anderson is a big fan. :)

Any show that drops subtle hints to Star Trek is okay in my book.

havand

Enlightened
When Atantis first came on, I hated it. I'd change the channel, anything. After it's been on a few years now, I found that I really enjoy it, not sure why. It has quickly become one of my favorite shows. I heard there is a Stargate Online game coming at some point. Kind of disappointed because I don't like those types of games, but promising for the franchise :) Always thought it would make an awesome game though. You'd have the economic aspect, technology development, political problems, stargate travel, ships, hand to hand combat, etc.

Enlightened
Better have been a D or an E at the end of that!

Why? George Takei was Sulu on the ORIGINAL Star Trek series, i.e. NCC-1701. Anything else would not have been a proper homage to him.

Also, has anyone else noticed that they now have Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) cast as Nana Dawson, the grandmother of Monica Dawson (the girl who works at the burger place who is Micah's cousin that he is staying with).

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that one of the Irish criminal gang that "found" Peter Petrelli chained up in the shipping container was the Irish guy on "Enterprise"...

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Heroes on its second season in the UK, like it is here (US)? Are the seasons for Heroes in the UK the same number of episodes as here, which is usually between 20 and 23 episodes, or is one of our seasons cut up into multiple UK seasons?

Enlightened
Is Heroes on its second season in the UK, like it is here (US)? Are the seasons for Heroes in the UK the same number of episodes as here, which is usually between 20 and 23 episodes, or is one of our seasons cut up into multiple UK seasons?

I believe the UK may be slightly behind but they are, AFAIK also on season 2. I may be wrong there, though.

Edit: Nope, looks like I'm wrong. I just pulled up the UK TV listings and it looks like they are on season 1 still.

Last edited: