Who has a Kaidomain 3XSSC?

sbrody

Newly Enlightened
Who else has the Kaidomain triple cree? i see alot of CPFers have the MX. I just got my Kai 3xssc and it doesn't work! Please tell me if im doing something wrong! I put the batteries in, clicked the switch, and it was on for a second and went off. Out of instinct i turned the bezel (or body) and there was an unpleasant grind sound. I tightened the body all the way and it worked for a bit, but now that its dark, it doesn't. There are no instructions. What did i do besides waste money? Thanks.

bspofford

Enlightened
I think you are talking about the Kai triple-SSC, not the MX triple-CREE. Both use 4X16340, and I wonder if you're using 2X18650. The tube is large enough for the latter, but the Kai ad says it uses the former. Let me know if this makes it light up or not.:shrug:

deeuubee

Newly Enlightened
What batteries are you using? ...protected rc123's, the non-protected one's that came with the light, or something else?. My 3xSSC worked for a few minutes and then went out when I first got it. When I checked the voltage of the 4 batteries, one of them was bad. Can you check the battery voltages/are you sure they were charged before installing them? Mine works great on charged protected cells now that I got ride of the batteries that came with the light.

moon lander

Enlightened
this may not be it but someone mentioned that theirs worked only once they added little magnets to their cells to make them a little longer.

sbrody

Newly Enlightened
my light came with nothing. no batteries, instructions, or even a box! i think one of my not so new rcr123's is bad. im going to order new protected cells asap. thanks!

uh1c

Newly Enlightened
I got mine yesterday. Dropped 4 SF CR123a's in it and it fired up, no problems.
I then DeoxyITed and use silicone dialectrical grease from AutoZone on the threads and O-rings. :oops:

No contact anymore, I then wiped all the threads. DeoxyITed it again and all was well. :thumbsup:

I love this light. It is very bright with good spill and useful throw...it is not a throw monster but it lit up my nearest target at 50 yds very well. I'll get a chance to try it more tonight.
BTW, it is large, not an EDC unless you wants the girls to ask: "Hey is that a flashlight in your pocket or are you just glad to see me".
EDIT: Mine came w/o instructions or box--just like my other Kai and DX lights. For $40.00 it is a great deal, IMO.

Last edited:

sbrody

Newly Enlightened
Hmm...I still can't get it to work. I tried 4 brand new SFcr123's. Now I don't think I'm getting contact at all. The spring on the LED assembly came off and it looks a mess. I need to clean it up and attempt my first sod i guess. The spring also seems like its bent up. I agree you can't beat it for $40, I just need to get it to work.

uh1c

Newly Enlightened
sbrody, Kai will take care of you if you can't get it to work. He's on this forum and you can PM him.
Sorry it is not working for you! I know the feeling!:mecry: