GREE-Cree P4 CR123A Flashlight Question

Spin

Enlightened
I saw a review of the "GREE-Cree P4 CR123A Flashlight" being sold by Kdealextreme for $ 17.44. Anybody know the approximate runtime using a fresh CR123A battery? Other than the review, any other opinions, comments concerning this light?

Everett

Newly Enlightened
I'll let you know when it gets here--apparently they didn't have it in stock when I ordered ~3 weeks ago, but they say it's been shipped now.
I ordered from DX, not KD.

Last edited:

bessiebenny

Enlightened
Firstly, check my review thread. I've put some stuff in there. =)
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/176577

I haven't done any run times but considering its high output and only using single CR123A @ near 1A, it should last at most 45minutes at full brightness.

Feel free to ask me in that review thread if you have other questions.

BTW - I ordered Mini 3W Cree 1xCR123A Flashlight also which may be a strong contender to Gree in the single CR123A light department. I'll update it as soon as received.

uh1c

Newly Enlightened
The Gree was my first DX light. It helped get me hooked as a noobie, it was all downhill from there! :devil::eek:

Everett

Newly Enlightened
For the most part, I think the Gree is fantastic. I intended to swap many of its internals, so I was mostly concerned with the machining, which is very good. I'm still deciding whether to swap the P4 to Q5, but I have swapped the driver. The stock driver really limits the performance of the P4. I have re-heatsinked the P4 with artic silver and swapped the driver to the 1000mA 5-mode (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6190) and the output is amazing--much better than stock (this is only with 3.7V RCR123A of course). The only other complaint about it is that the clicky switch gets stuck every once in a while and you need to wiggle it sideways to get it to pop back out.

Bottom line: It's well built and has a great emitter. Buy the $3 mode board with it and you'll have a great light for RCR123s.