Best Place To Buy A Surefire?

Michael J. Spangler

Newly Enlightened
hey guys i'm new here. i just got a surefire L5 in trade for a custom knife I made. the light it amazing but i'm looking for something else to have for a little smaller option for carry. I like the idea of the L4 and was wondering where the best place was to get one? Thanks a lot guys. i appreciate the help.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:

I'd also suggest looking for other lights that might suit your tasks better then the L4. If you don't need absolute toughness, the Fenix P3D-CE Q5 or Olight T20 Q5 might also be a light you would want to look at. If you need toughness, look at the Novatac 120P.

The newer Cree XR-E, Seoul, P4, Rebel 100 LEDs all have double or more the efficiency of the Luxeon V used in the Surefire L2, L4, L5 and L6. They have around the same output but the newer LEDs use half the power.

Optics HQ is a great place to buy Surefire lights.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1. Great place to buy. Definitely consider the new L1 over the L4 (I have both). The L1 is a great thrower, has a very useful low, and is great on batteries. The L4 throws a wall of light, is based on older technology (Luxeon vs. Cree LEDs) and therefore eats batteries.

If you buy the L1, make sure you get the Cree one, not the older Luxeon.

Last edited:

da.gee

Enlightened
The advantage of SF lights is they cost the same everywhere with the exception of a few online vendors where you can get a small discount. You can walk into a brick and mortar store for immediate gratification and not get ripped off for once (unless you consider SFs overpriced).

I'd recommend several vendors that hang here but BatteryJunction is excellent and also has a 5% discount with the CPF code (cpf2006).

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
look in the Buy/Sell/trade section in CPFMarketplace, many good deals there much lower than retail.....

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best place to buy a new one is BatteryJunction.com 5% of with the CPF discount, and free batteries to boot. Also no shipping on Surefire lights. Otherwise, as jumpstat recommended....keep your eyes open over at CPF MarketPlace.

Michael J. Spangler

Newly Enlightened
thanks guys i appreciate all the info. i don't really like the idea of the L1 though. call me crazy i like the two settings but i think the high setting does really last that long... 1.5 hours? or maybe i found the specs for the old one.

i did place an order for the L4 and the way i look at it.... if you guys are right (which i'm sure you will be, having much more experience in these things) then i guess i'll just have the buy another flashlight :devil:

i do like the option of something with a variable, now that i look at it though the L1 only uses 1 battery... so that makes it quite the nice little piece.... hmm then again i like the E2D. ahh heck i guess i have to buy one of each.

so what kinds of mods are avaiable for these things? my main use would be self defense

thanks agian guys

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

I think the L4 (or KL4 in a number of different fashions) is a great light. I think you'll be quite happy with it.

Mods for Surefires depend on the model - if you jump in this fast, though, your wallet will hate you forever..

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Most surefire mods are hard, it would be a better idea to send the light to Milkyspit and be modded or buy a new light.

The L4 can get very hot so be careful if you run it for a long time.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Best place to buy a new one is BatteryJunction.com 5% of with the CPF discount, and free batteries to boot. Also no shipping on Surefire lights. Otherwise, as jumpstat recommended....keep your eyes open over at CPF MarketPlace.
OpticsHQ is cheaper... ;)

stevea2

Newly Enlightened
How do we see the actual OpticsHQ SF prices?

OpticsHQ is cheaper... ;)

Okay, I swam on over to the OpticsHQ site and it seems their SF lights are at MSRP. How do we see the actual discounted prices on their site? :shrug:

flashgreenie

Enlightened
guys, opticshq have been under pressure not to give discounts as you already deduced, so if would not help to advertise prices they give us. They have been good to us, to me at least, so lets not make their life potentially harder then necessary. :thumbsup:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very much in agreement here...

Time to lock or delete this thread before someone costs one of our few good dealers their franchise.

guys, opticshq have been under pressure not to give discounts as you already deduced, so if would not help to advertise prices they give us. They have been good to us, to me at least, so lets not make their life potentially harder then necessary. :thumbsup: