Legend LX+P61 not as bright as original LX or E2E

kenneth540

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,
I just modded my Legend LX with the SF P61 lamp module. To my surprise, it is not any brighter than my original LX or my SF E2E. In fact, it looks dimmer. I tried with a set of new SF batteries but the result was the same.

I'm puzzled. Any idea? I followed the instruction from this site:
http://thelightsite.cruxial.com/mods/legendlx_p60.htm

Thanks,
Kenneth

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Try shooting out the switch with alcohol or something. might be a poor contact surface in there somewhere.

Also try swapping the P61 HOLA into a standard SF (P6 or something). Sometimes that one particular LA is to blame...

JoeyL

Enlightened
I think that a proble might be that the LX will focus down to a smaller spot and seem brighter, but that the P61 puts out more light overall. I modify a bunch of lights to use the P61 and P60 lamps and often times the LX beats them by its focused beam.

If you go in a dark room and point the lights up at the ceiling, but look down at the floor then turn each on alternately, you can knida tell which light is giving out more lumens overall. I'm pretty sure the P61 gives off more light than the LX.

The LX is a pretty good deal, since it costs about the same as the P61 lamp itself.