maglight mini lanyard loop

jay_imok

Newly Enlightened
i have just - successfully!- performed my first operation: changing a maglight mini to a led by way of a conversion kit which also included a tailpiece switch. and i put the 'no - roll' bezel rubber and red lens just because....

so, could someone help me 'how to' a lanyard loop now that i have removed the original tailpiece? i like the idea of using a split ring (?) around the body of the light at the tailpiece threads, but is there enough thread on the cap to allow the switch to work?

i'd also like to make a light from the left over mag mini reflector & lens using an Altoids mint box and maybe a Radio Shack battery holder.

thanks

swampgator

Enlightened
All my minimags have an ALICE clip wrapped in paracord around the tube. I've been doing this since I was in the service but Ranger Rick's website has a picture of what it looks like.

It's handier than a lanyard, as you can clip on pretty much anything. And if you need a lanyard you can still attach it to the clip.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Just so ya know, you are drastically decreasing your output by using the red filter with a white LED.

:welcome: