JetBeam info help?

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
JetBeam flashlights seems to be pretty good, but there is a mojor problem for me: I can't find good information on them. I've been to www.jetbeam.com, which seems to be their homepage, but it only lists three flashlights, they aren't the latest versions, and they are all sold out.

Does JetBeam have some obscure new website that I can't find? Or does the manufacturer only produce three simple products, and many retailers modify them?

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
In this thread on CPFMP you will find a lot of recent information on Jetbeam:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=169263

There's also many threads here on CPF, may I suggest that you write "Jetbeam" in the Google Search on top of this page, you will find some 3800 posts.....

:wave:

Thanks. I've searched jetbeam before, but I'm looking for a complete manufacturer's list and description of all their products.

I've looked through that thread, and it's more comprehensive than their own website, LOL. But talk about unorganized :crazy:. So I take it the Jet-I MK.II R is the latest version of the original series, and is the one that looks, well, like a tube. And the Jet-II has the larger reflector?

What about AAA JETs etc that there are reviews on? There's no info on the thread, let alone on the website.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

elt1

Newly Enlightened
+1 for the C-LE V.2

I find the UI simple and effective.

Can't wait to read reviews about the new Jet II... like those 1X CR123s lights!

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm... I'm not really interested in the Jet C-LE versions, or the u that seems to be out of production. Too bad there are no reviews on the latest lights, Jet-I MK.II R and JET-II...

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I geuss I should have been more specific - I'm looking for runtime graphs, lux, and lumens. The third review is pretty helpful, I just hadn't looked at all of nanotech's subsequent posts.

Thanks for your help - seems like I'll just wait for somebody to make the graphs...

Luminescent

Enlightened
hmm... I'm not really interested in the Jet C-LE versions, or the u that seems to be out of production. Too bad there are no reviews on the latest lights, Jet-I MK.II R and JET-II...

Well, you are the only expert on your own likes and dislikes, but personally, I would not be so quick to write off the C-LE V2.0.

Keep in mind that the other Jetbeam lights are more than twice as expensive, and only offer noticably higher performance if you run 14500 Lithium cells, so the C-LE is still a nice solid single cell AA NiMH light in a nice compact size for a very resonable price.

In fact some of the early reviews of the MKIIR show a more floody beam than some of the C-LE lights, that will actually give it less throw than some of the C-LE's out there if NiMH cells are used in both lights (of course on a 14500 cell the MKIIR will almost double it's output, which is not an option for the C-LE since it can't be used with 14500 cells).

The JetII version with the larger reflector should offer a bit more throw even on NiMH, and will be pretty spectacular on a 14500 cell at over 200 lumens of well focused output with the Q5 CREE emitter.

Both the Jet II and MKIIR have a lot of fancy extra modes in the user interface, but this is actually a negative for many people.

All three lights have their good points . . .

C-LE V2.0 - Great finish and solid single cell NiMH performance for less than $30
MKII - R - Much higher output (180 Lumens) when used with a 14500 Lithium cell
JET II - Focusable Large Reflector for more throw and 210 Lumens on a 14500 cell

I have several Jetbeam lights, and love all of them. I put Jetbeam on a rough par with Fenix overall. Fenix has a little better electronics on most of thier lights with slightly higher output and runtimes than Jetbeam, but I like the knurling and HAIII finish on the Jetbeam lights a little better. BOTH the Fenix and Jetbeam lights are definitely a step up from all the budget DX and Kaidomain lights on finish and efficiency.