Insight x2 revisited

mr.squatch

Enlightened
I've seen several threads in the past about modding an insight x2 weapon lite but there were really no viable options at the time. Recently I've seen a lot more tiny leds in super small lights, I figure maybe now there is something that can be done, worth looking into. Tiny led boards and tiny lites like the wee. The little light doesn't have much room in it, so my main question is what is a small led that can be run off a single 3v cr2 and put out more than 40 lumens? Also, what else would need to be used to make it work? boards, resistors etc. The manual isn't very descriptive but here's a link that has one picture of how it works.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/opticsplanet/insight-manual-x2-iti.pdf

The reflector is built into the bezel and when it's screwed back onto the light body, the bulb sticks thru it. When you tighten down the bezel the reflector moves back and adjusts the beam. The bulb is one I've not seen before, has a simple two tab spring tension on the backside of a small disk. The switch for the lite is on the back end, it toggles up on the right for momentary on and down on the right for constant on. I think the switch would still work if you could figure out how to use the existing contacts to an led , as long as it doesn't need a bunch more parts to make it run, like a board.

I'm new to the modding, still learning on maglites. I figured somebody with more knowledge than I could suggest something. The design and function of the little light is awesome, its just not bright at all, maybe 40 lumens with a new battery and quickly downhill from there. I'd be a lot more likely to use it if it were brighter. I'd be willing to ship it to somebody if they were interested in tinkering with it. Any ideas? Thanks guys

galen