Black E1E?

DuckhunterInTN

Newly Enlightened
I found a black E1E for sale on the internet. How much is one of these worth? Are they rare? Thanks!

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
I think they are kind of rare in the fact that not many dealers carry them, however the information I was given was to the fact that they are still made, and available from Surefire...

I had been under the impression they were a short run, no longer available (in fact a couple dealers seemed to be clearing them out almost as if discontinued)

So earlier this week I emailed our Surefire Dealer Rep, and he informed me they had them in stock, and he was not aware of them being discontinued, so I ordered me up an E1E-BK and E2E-BK

He did tell me that most dealers carry the standard HA-III or Satin Gray however, so that may have something to do with why the HA Black is hard to find

bluesaber

Newly Enlightened
I think they are still being made.

This listing on ebay has multiple black HA E1E's available:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190171662439&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=009

On a related note, this listing on ebay has multiple black HA E2E's available:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190161023167&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=009

Both of the listings have inaccurate pictures, but the lights are in indeed black HA.

I bought one of each from this seller and have them in my collection!

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you look on the surefire website,there IS only a black (black looking anyway) HA version, am i missing something?

Crenshaw

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
I believe you are. Sometimes natural HA can appear quite dark in certain photography conditions.
The E1e photos on SureFire.com look like normal natural HA.

Not to mention, every time I look at those lights on SF's website, I don't see HA Black provided as a color choice, though it is mentioned in the text of the E2E, there does not appear to be any way to purchase it from the website.

I also had a friend who called SF the other day (as he bought an E2E-BK off somewhere else) and they told him they don't make an E2E-BK

Odd since my Rep knew they were in stock, and had not heard of them being discontinued, and as far as I know the E1E/E2E-BK's that I ordered are being processed and perhaps shipped out to us (who knows maybe I'll see them before the week is over, assuming the other items we ordered are in stock as well, maybe even today), but then again there are many Surefire products not available on the website, that do exist, such as 3 versions of the Kroma, gift set's which have a nylon case with the light, and 4 versions of the helmet light, so Surefire's website isn't always the most accurate portrayal of all available Surefire products (kinda funny actually)

Also as far the the HA Black, compare the photos of the E1E/E2E to that of the E2D you should see the difference there... I see photos of A2's, L1's, E1/E2E on ebay all the time that look black, if you don't expose the image properly it will look that way, and then again in certain conditions it may look that way even properly exposed.

Gunnerboy

Enlightened
Black E1E's are available at OpticsHQ.

Kobe Bukai, who responded to my email query, verified that on their E1E order page the checkbox next the image of the black E1E really is for a black one.

Gary

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a black HA E1e and E2e plus black HA KL1 and KL4 heads from OpticsHQ this summer. Nice stuff, super service. No availability issues from them, but very few other dealers seem to have these.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
the picture with the E1E on the guys hand certainly doesnt look like the Brownish one in the main picture... i went down to a distributor's shop, the e1e looked exactly like the one in the guys hand, even had the head different coloured from the bezel and body, like in the picture.http://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/e1e_large2.jpg
http://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/e1eha_large.jpg

if you ask me, those two certainly dont look alike..and the first picture looks like a black flashlight would in a bright room
or is that due to the "natrual differences" in Natrual HAIII? :shrug:
and is it just me, or does the second picture look like the E1e has no clip?
Crenshaw

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Crenshaw,
Both are natural HA.
There is plenty of variation in hue and shade and colour. This can be exacerbated by different photography (lighting).
That said, SureFire have improve the colour consistency of their HA in the last couple of years so that it is mostly a dark slate grey rather than green or brown hue.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm, i actually really like the Brownish one, oh well, thanks for clearing that up for me :) i now understand the big fuss about black e1es

Crenshaw

DuckhunterInTN

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys for all of the responses. I have a question about the light I purchased. It appears in the picture (and description) that it has a momentary only switch that you must twist for constant on (a la 6P)...is that the case? I have an E1L and it has a different switch than this....

Outdoors Fanatic,
I purchased the light from LA Police Gear dot Com. They have them in the closeout section for $69.99 with two free batteries. I did not think that was too bad of a deal.

(Note: I apologize in advance if posting the above information is in violation of forum rules. I know some forums do not allow referencing any vendors other than those who support the forum. I attempted to research the rules on this and could not come up with anything. I finally decided that it probably was not in violation since we have a "good deals" section dedicated to doing this very thing).

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
ON the switch you have it correct...

The E1L comes with a click on/off switch that looks just like the twist on/off

Where as the E1E comes with a momentary with twist on/off

DuckhunterInTN

Newly Enlightened
ON the switch you have it correct...

The E1L comes with a click on/off switch that looks just like the twist on/off

Where as the E1E comes with a momentary with twist on/off

That is interesting. I had no idea they came with different switches.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The rare ones nowadays seem to be the black type II (soft anodized) versions. I bought one back around 2000 or 2001 and haven't seen many around since. Wish I had kept that one.

The E2D is black HAIII. Sure-Fire makes other lights in black hard anodize as well. There is not as many black hard anodize E2E's around as natural, but they are definitely around and not difficult to find.

MikeM

Newly Enlightened
I just got 2 black E1e's from LA Police Gear......they have them on closeout for 69.00.

Mike