FLASHLIGHT FLICKERING, HELP

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received the Ultrafire Alpha C-1 Item DX SKU: 2672. It flickers. I took it apart and clear it with alcohol, then it would stop... but when I hold it and move around, it flicker again. How can I fix this issue. Thank you.

-E

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tighten up the loose switch in the tail, two holes opposite each other, turn.

Marduke

Flashaholic
A common problem with the Ultrafire lights is they the body conducts the current between the tailcap and head/driver, and the ends of the body tube are free from anodizing to do this. However, fairly often, not everything is long enough, or either the driver or tailcap assembly is screwed in too far and the body cannot make contact on the ends. If you see either the head or tailcap screwed in so far as there is no space between it and the body, that contact may be a little shy. You can bend a paperclip into a circle, and place it between the body and end to fill the gap.

Edit:
The tailswitch assembly is actually screwed inside the tailcap. The tailswitch assembly can sometimes be tightened into the tailcap further by using the two indentions you see inside the tailcap next to the spring.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi is everything tight, head, battery tube,is the battery loose inside,is the light engine loose inside.because it seems current is getting disconected when you move the light around.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi is everything tight, head, battery tube,is the battery loose inside,is the light engine loose inside.because it seems current is getting disconected when you move the light around.

I tighten everything. I even pull the springs out a little just in case it didn't connect. I am using the 18650 battery. It don't rattle until I shake it hard like crazy.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received the Ultrafire Alpha C-1 Item DX SKU: 2672. It flickers. I took it apart and clear it with alcohol, then it would stop... but when I hold it and move around, it flicker again. How can I fix this issue. Thank you.

-E

Simple...send it back.

"Just received"

Marduke

Flashaholic
Upon looking more closely at the pictures online, you probably need the paperclip fix on the tailcap, as the head is not a printed circuit board. Or tighten the switch inside the tailcap.

12.jpg

See the two indentions in the shiny part of the aluminum on either side of the spring? those are spots you can grip with plyers and tighten the switch into the tailcap more, or place a round paperclip around the outside over this shiny area.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Depends on the light and the gap. Start with a small one. But you still need plyers to form it into a perfect circle and trim the ends to match up to be the correct size.