Head Band

Dizos

Newly Enlightened
Howdy

In my mission to find an adjustable headband flashlight holder, I emailed the Jackstrap folks to see if their headband could hold 123a diameter flashlights. Since their band offers both the straight ahead as well as the 45 degree angle it would be better than the single straight ahead position offered by the Nitize version. This was their response:

[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

We can custom make a Jackstrap that's adjustable to any size flashlight and has the two angle option. Unlike the Original Jackstrap, there will be a flashlight holder on each side of the headband. One will face forward the other will point down at a 45 degree angle. The price is $10 plus s/h. If you wish to order one please call us direct (800) 221-8500, ask for Crystal.

If you have any questions please contact us. Thank you for your interest in
Liston Concepts.

Best Regards,

Crystal Rodeback
Customer Relations

801.972.8500 - outside the U.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think a headband with an adjustable swivel mount for the flashlight would be best, so that you could position it as needed. But such an item does not exist for attaching hand held flashlights.

-- Dizos

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree the Nitize band isn't completely useful. I picked one up the other day and was surprised to see that there is no elastic in it, making it hard to get stuck to your head with any solidity that is comfortable and the light always points straight out, there is no way to point it down at all.

Darkaway

Enlightened
I use the Nitize headband with my Arc LS (w/123 pack), Infinity Ultra and Badboy Minimag. Mostly for reading in bed. I adjust the velcro to be slightly smaller than my head and then wear the whole thing at an angle, higher in the back and mid forehead in front. Works for me. I would not use it for for more active tasks. Only reading.

Brlux

Enlightened
I broke the bracket that holdes my PT Aurora to the head band. PT is verry good with their waranty. I caled them up and they sent out an new head band and bracket, I didn't even have to send in the broken one. I have 2 of the niteize but can do not like the fit they give without the elasticity. So I had Mom sew an elastic loop in my old Aurora headband. The aurora band is verry comfortable though it dous alow the light to shift around with rapid head motion. It is verry plesant to just throw on and rip off without any adjustments. I use it with my LS moded mini mag and an ARC LS using 2AA. The elastic loop is not big enough for A 123 base.