SUREFIRE ANGLE HEAD?

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has SUREFIRE ever made an angle head flashlight? I think Streamlight kind of dominates that format for firefighters, but a small angle head by SUREFIRE would be just the ticket to clip onto a tactical vest MOLLE strap, IMHO. What do you think? Would you buy one if the price was reasonable? What price and specs would you like for a SF angle head? Maybe if we generate enough interest, they will produce one, eh?

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has SUREFIRE ever made an angle head flashlight? I think Streamlight kind of dominates that format for firefighters, but a small angle head by SUREFIRE would be just the ticket to clip onto a tactical vest MOLLE strap, IMHO. What do you think? Would you buy one if the price was reasonable? What price and specs would you like for a SF angle head? Maybe if we generate enough interest, they will produce one, eh?
Even if SF didn't pursue a new model with that design, I wonder if the aftermarket ever pondered fabricating a C-series angled head that would fit a 6P. Maybe it could have its own clickie switch and you just screw the Z41 tailcap all the way on, or a dummy tailcap with no button meant to be screwed down tight.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to derail your Surefire thread, but....

I don't have any 90-deg lights, aside from one very old Bakelite version from Bell Systems (from the 30s-40s) that belonged to my Grandfather). If I wanted one though, I'd order one of these today (without waiting for SF to get a clue - I don't have the patience or even life expectancy for that), and send my money to the good folks in PA instead of CA. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Reactions: hsa

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to derail your Surefire thread, but....

I don't have any 90-deg lights, aside from one very old Bakelite version from Bell Systems (from the 30s-40s) that belonged to my Grandfather). If I wanted one though, I'd order one of these today (without waiting for SF to get a clue), and send my money to the good folks in PA instead of CA. Just sayin'.

Ummm, you do realize that the parts that Streamlight assembles in the USA are manufactured in Red China, right?
ETA:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
@IMA SOL MAN P.S. Shoot me an e-mail when you find what you're looking for. I might be interested then - if I'm still alive:)
I don't need or want one, I was just thinking about the LEOs and our military who wear tactical vests. Maybe SF has done surveys and found that there is insufficient interest among their customer base, I don't know, and have no inside contacts to find out. Just figured it would be nice is all. Didn't mean to start a flame war or anything...

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not an angle light per se but I did find this a few years ago. Folks over at SF had some ideas for a firefighter light but it never really took off. From what I understand only a couple hundred were made.

@Mark@LF Any thoughts on the feasibility of such a head?

IMG_2731.jpeg
1CE2E5DF-76A7-4AC7-83C6-D73BD4DC3DEA.jpeg

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast