P1/P1D body on a P2D-CE Q5 head...? Will it work?

rigormootis

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks.

I think there should be no problem with me buying a P1 or P1D body for my P2D-CE Q5 to make it a shorter & more simplistic twisty ON (high) / Off light....right? If so...does anyone want to buy my P2D body? :)

Thanks in advance!

rookie

Enlightened
No, I don't think it will work. The threads are reversed, ie, on the P1, P1D, the head has a male end, and also the P2D body also has a male end. So therefore, the P1,P1D body has a female end, same as the P2D head.

Best bet would be to get a P1D w/ a Q5 emitter.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Nope no workie:(
Unless you machined an adapter and added a small magnetic spacer between the head and battery to take up the space you have created. It's doable. Just have some threads cut into a really short section of pipe.

Last edited:

rigormootis

Newly Enlightened
Got it - and thanks to you both.

I saw that the P1 was a little shorter than the P1D and I wanted to make the brightest, simplest, and smallest possible CR123A light. I've already got a P2D-CE Q5, so maybe I'll just spring for a Q5 P1D as a "spare." Then again, if I can "live" without the turbo, low, etc. options, the "plain old" P1 does still pump out the same ~90 lumens for as long as the newer Q5-equipped L1D....

Hmmm.... Damn. I was cured of torchaholisicm for the last several years...but I guess I am in relapse.