Please explain switches on Tiablo A9 and Deree DBS

Xe54

Enlightened
Hi:

Ideally I'd like something like my Surefire U2, which lights momentarily when pressed partially, then clicks to stay on when pressed further. This is "forward tactical clicky" right?

I gather the DBS has this, right? While Tiablo A9 I am not sure about. It says on the Tiablo site: "Tactical type switch: High/Low/Off button" while at BatteryJunction it says: "Tactical clicky switch: Low-High-Off." Thus, I am not quite sure what the Tiablo does. Can someone be kind enough to explain the exact behavior of the Tiablo A9 switch? And someone mentioned turning the body? Does just the button control all A9 functions, or is there also a body twist aspect?

And the Deree DBS as well?

Thanks!

P.S. I think what really might sell me on the DBS is the memorizing of the last brightness setting. Oh, but I don't like that they overdrive the Cree...

Greg G

Enlightened
My recently bought Tiablo A9 came with a Low/High/Off and NO momentary on.

I purchased another switch that is Momentary/High/Off. I like it better as I use the momentary feature a LOT, and seldom if ever used the light on Low.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Tiablo A9 works like this:
From the OFF, click the tail switch the first time = LOW
Click it again = High
Click it again = OFF
And repeat the cycle with no memory since to turn it off you have to go through those cycle above.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tiablos come with a (*ugh*) reverse clickie switch... press all the way and release for the light to come on and click. However you can buy a forward clickie for it for $20 more.
The DereeLight DBS comes with a Forward Clickie switch (just like you'd find on a SureFire or Maglight) press half way to turn on, press all the way to click.
This is the primary reason I bought a DBS over the competition.

Last edited:

Zenster

Enlightened
I've got both of these lights, and the simple description is that the Tiablo has a "reverse clicky" while the DBS has a "forward clicky".

While I do prefer the DBS forward clicky for it's momentary on ability (for signaling or just flashing someone for ID), I am not at all put off by the reverse clicky of the A9s.
While different, I don't personally consider the differences to be a deal breaker for either light, and I'll be keeping both of them.

Latest posts