minimag vs. new LED technology

I know Maglite has their LED lights, but I was wondering if they still sell alot of their standard AA and solitaire flashlights. or is the LED craze hurting maglite? just curious.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I'm sure they do. To most people, especially in America, Maglites are top of the line flashlights and I don't see any reason why they'd be less popular in the mainstream now.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
There are LED lights at Target and Walmart that are cheaper, tougher and brighter than M*gleds (AA).

But I imagine joe public still thinks of incandescent M*glights as high end.

I pity the fools.

jugg2

Enlightened
There are LED lights at Target and Walmart that are cheaper, tougher and brighter than M*gleds (AA).

But I imagine joe public still thinks of incandescent M*glights as high end.

I pity the fools.

Sadly, I'm sure you are right. I carried a minimag with the nightize dropin for 2-3 years, because the floody beam was much better than the spotty incan beam. People were always asking me how to do that to their maglite. But since I got the P2D, the maglite will be taking a break for a while.

I do have to admit, that thing, no matter how dim it was, never let me down. I has been through some rough stuff, and I have never had to change the batteries since the dropin. I always changed them every 4 months or so, but I didn't need to then. I was using the light up to 2 hours a day, not always but pretty often.

I guess now to resurrect it, I will have to buy a higher quality LED dropin.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you kidding? MagLite, the best manufacturer of American patriotic flashlights, now makes lights with modern, top-of-the-line LEDs in them! They must be good!
</sarcasm>

So no, I don't think they're hurting at all. Sadly.